Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Please bring back the ability to change the color of Feature Articles

0 Votes

Please bring back the ability to be able to change the background of Feature Articles as needed (versus only having one set option for all of them). I used to be able to alternate between a white background or a light gray so that my article listings alternate in color to make them easier to distinguish between. And, as I sometimes would need to rearrange the order of the articles, having this ability to easily change the background color was a crucial feature. Now, only the side edges can change.

I had to come up with an alternate option, which includes articles with borders and spacers in between to help distinguish the articles. It is not as aesthetically pleasing, it is not as easily to immediately see the different articles at a glance (in my opinion, the alternating background colors looked much better) and it's now a pain to move around the articles because there are the spacers to have to move separately as well. Just adds extra work to my busy day.

3 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @ClementPlaza

We have received reports of users using the Third-Generation Editor template "Basic Newsletter" and inserting a "Feature Article Block" only being able to edit the border color for the block, and not the background block color. This is however a defect we do not have plans to update due to the low number of tracks from other customers and the prioritization of other ideas. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread. In the meantime, are you having this same experience in our updated cross device editor?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! Please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More