Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Post campaign to Facebook Group

Hi, for privacy reasons, I have a facebook group set up for my contacts instead of a page... I am a children's minister and do not wish to publicly share their pictures etc, on social media.  It would be a huge help if constant contact would allow me to share the benefits offered to my group as opposed to only being able to share to a page. Thank you!

6 Comments
Drew_D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thank you for your feedback @RebekahM95! I too agree that the ability to make a post to a Facebook group would make a great addition to our product. Currently, it is a Facebook limitation that does not allow for third parties to make posts to Facebook groups. However, this may change in the future so I am opening up your idea for voting.

MelissaG8049
Rookie

It would be helpful if you could schedule posts in facebook groups in addition to pages.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

JaneMG
Marketing Legend

Currently, one can post an email campaign if their profile is linked to a Facebook business page. We are a not-for-profit organization with a private Facebook group for our members. The organization is a volunteer-based social club on the water, similiar to a boat club, with a tennis and a pool, etc. We have no business page, so we would love to be able to post our newletter emails to our non-business members-only Facebook page. Is this something you would consider. It would save so much time for many who use Constant Contact. Thank you.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. At this time, Facebook has a limitation that does not allow for third-party posting to Facebook groups and the campaign would need to be shared manually using the Share URL.

We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release should this change.

NeilS350
Rookie

I would like thsi too. Posting to Groups we are an admin of would be amazing. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More