Using Canva to improve your conversion rates

Problems with Event Planning Feature

0 Votes
I created an event with the intent of only sending an invitation to 79 of our 3500 contacts. I checked all lists and then filtered down to the one tag. I triple checked my recipient selection and the scheduling page specifically said it would go to 79 contacts. When I sent the invite, it went to all 3500 of our contacts. Because there is no retraction feature, I had to close the registration and send another email asking everyone to disregard. Not a good look for our company or CC. The next day, a CSR helped me create a list of the tagged recipients and I had to recreate the invite and send it again to only those contacts. I am not getting a very high open or response rate because of the influx of emails. I also don't feel comfortable sending any reminders using the event feature because of the earlier glitch. In addition, I am unable to add more guests as we continue to get more clients. Finally, I also experienced quite a few glitches while creating the landing page and registration. I love the idea of using CC for events since our lists are already housed here, but we ended up having to create a separate invite in Evite to ensure that we could better manage the event. I was told by your CSR to leave this feedback so I hope it is helpful as you continue to tweak this program. Unfortunately, I have egg on my face and our team overall has lost a bit of confidence in CC. Thanks for your time.
2 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @TinaM494 thanks for sharing this feedback with us. We apologize for the experience you've had with your event campaign! Event invitations sending to your full contact list instead of the tagged contacts you have selected is a defect we have tracked in your account. While we do not have a times estimate of when this will be resolved we have added you to our list to be notified when it is. As a workaround in the meantime we do suggest create a list of the contacts that you would like to send to and schedule the invitation to the list. On the other hand what are some of the glitches you're experiencing when creating your landing page or registration page? Also, what are the steps you're taking to add more guests as you receive more clients?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More