Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Received "New sign-on notification"

0 Votes

So logged in from the SAME laptop via the SAME ISP with a STATIC IP and so everything, that is E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G identical, and I get a; "We detected a new login from your account iainhu from a device that we didn't recognize" message.

I appreciate you trying to detect fraud, but it doesn't seem to be working and I have used this client many times before

11 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Hi @IainH4 thanks for sharing this feedback! We have tracked it with the appropriate teams.

JoanL4
Marketing Expert

Same thing happens here all the time. 

I suggest they let us opt out of this "service."  I definitely would opt out - in an instant. 

DavidB204
Rookie

Is there a way to disable these sign-on notifications? We do not find them helpful and they clutter up our (already busy) email inboxes.

JoyceF80
Rookie

Has there been a resolution to this login notification opt-out issue? It is kind of annoying. Thank you.

DavidB204
Rookie

It would appear that Constant Contact either does not care about this issue or has no intention of resolving it. As of today, I STILL get a notification of login even when logging in from the same static IP we always use. 

Frankie_P

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience as we continue looking into this experience. This email may come in case the browser cache was cleared or VPN was used. In fact there are a few details we would like to collect:

• Browser type and version are you using?
  • Did you clear cookies before logging in? Or login through a VPN?
  • What sort of plugins or extensions do you have enabled on you're not working in incognito?
IainH4
Campaign Collaborator

Humm, so I state...

"SAME laptop via the SAME ISP with a STATIC IP and so everything, that is E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G identical"

and your suggestion is clearing browser cache or using VPN. Sorry, does "static IP" not mean anything to you?

Just to be 100% clear as clearly that explanation is clearly not enough...

1. Yes it was the same laptop
  2. Yes it was the same browser
  3. No I have not cleared cookies
  4. No I do not use a VPN to access the net
  5. No I am not on a dynamic ISP allocated IP, I have and use a static IP
  6. I am using Firefox. Version obviously advances at pretty regular intervals
  7. No I do not use any kind of plug-in or incognito add-on

So you see, when I said "everything, that is E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G identical", I meant everything and did not mean I'd changed something. I have 20+ year experience on web apps dev and online security and so I understand what a persistent cookie is, I understand device fingerprinting, although no, I've not yet looked to see quite what you are trying. Suffice to say, you trigger false alerts. Better than no alert I guess, but not what you're aiming for.

Is anything here unclear?

Has there been resolution to this, or an opt-out feature/setting created. It should not rely on IP or cached information if the paying user/customer wants to disable it.

Frankie_P

Hi @IMRB.International.Mines.Rescue.Body

The MFA process needs some time to learn your device and what a “normal” login looks like for your organization. So, when it’s initially turned on you do get prompted more than you would under normal circumstances. If you still find yourself getting prompted for your MFA method on every login and you normally log in on the same device/network every time, that is not working as intended. Make sure you are not using an Incognito window every time, or please contact our support team to work out what the problem may be.

AliciaS659
Rookie

Good morning, 

I do not have MFA turned on, and I've been a client using the same account for two years and I get these alerts every single time I log-in. I always have. It's alarming to get a new sign-in notificaiton, because if I'm not paying attention to when I accessed the system, I am actually concerned and have to figure out if it was me or not. It also doesn't help that the time zone it reports it in is never my time zone. 

So is there any resolution on getting these to stop coming in, or making the system recognize me? Because I've never not had this alert happen. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More