Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Drag and drop scrolls too fast

When trying to add a block to my campaign, the pink line that appears moves much too fast. Thank you.

29 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @JonathanK02

Thanks for following up with these details! We have tracked this information in your account and submitted it to the appropriate teams on your behalf. We will reach out to this thread directly with any future updates.

PeterS2920
Rookie

I've had this issue with two different computers now, both Macbook Pros (one from 2012, one from 2021). When dragging images, the slightest twitch of the mouse sends the page rocketing upwards or downwards. It makes composing emails like playing a game of surgery. I would drop CC for another platform, but this this happens to be the standard for my job.

Has the Constant Contact team been able to replicate this issue, and has anyone else figured out a solution over the past few years? Thanks in advance for the help.

Frankie_P

Hi @PeterS2920

Are you having this experience in our cross device editor as well?

GoodShepherdJax
Campaign Contributor
Between when I last set up an email (Friday, August 26) and today (Monday, August 29), I've noticed some changes. Some of these are aesthetic. I liked the old icons better but as long as the functionality is still there, I don't mind the new ones. It seems like everything is more click-sensitive and that's what I'm concerned about. It has been click-sensitive in the past, but not to this level. As you continue to perfect Constant Contact, please consider the click sensitivity. And, if possible, the sensitivity of the scroll bar on the email. The scroll bar was sensitive before this update and sometimes I would have to drag a photo, undo, and drag again to prevent the photo from leaping into a random spot in the email. Thank you! I do appreciate Constant Contact. Over the last year, I began using the social media features, too. It saves a lot of time and it is such a relief to be able to schedule social posts and emails in advance of a vacation, so other people still have access to information.
Frankie_P

Hi @GoodShepherdJax

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! What kind of device are you using? For instance a mouse, a trackpad, a touch screen device?

GoodShepherdJax
Campaign Contributor

Thank you for replying.

I'm using a laptop with a wireless Logitech mouse. I don't notice any extra sensitive scrolling when doing other things with the mouse. Just in Constant Contact. I mostly notice it when dragging photos into the template. I'll drag a photo into a space and the template will scroll past where I want to drop the photo. If the template stayed in place and was less sensitive to scrolling, that would eliminate the issue. In the grand scheme of things, it's minor and I've learned to keep dragging, dropping, undoing, and redoing quickly. But it would be nice to have it fixed. 

Frankie_P

Hi @GoodShepherdJax

Thanks for following up with these details! We are going to keep this idea open so other users who may be having this experience can share any further details as well.

Claire_MacPherson
Campaign Collaborator

I have this issue as well. Hopefully you can fix.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Gathering Information

With the introduction of our CPE editor, dragging blocks now occurs at a slower, more manageable pace. We'll keep this thread open for a period of time to see if this helps.

LisaR5685
Rookie

I continue to have the same issues and cannot add new elements into my newsletter on my mac. It's beyond frustrating and cannot continue to have the lack of functionality. I have a 2019 MacBook Air and using MacOS Monterey 12.5.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More