Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to order fields on Landing Pages

1) Custom fields list when adding to a landing page is not in alpha order. 2) Not able to change or choose the order of custom or contact fields as they appear on the landing page, either by alpha, randomly, or by required or not required. I can't find any information in Help about if this is possible and, if so, how to do it. These changes would make the page a little more flexible for us and easier for the recipients' to understand and use. As it is, it's frustrating. Thank you.

30 Comments
ElizabethG97
Rookie

Fully agree! We work with doctors and want them to include their credential and profession. Right now the order is:

Email

First

Last

Address

Job Title

Company

Additional Credentials

Discipline

Highest Degree

It should be name, degree, credentials, as that is how names appear in all professional communication. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

KathyE499
Rookie

Did anything come of the request to manage the order of fields? 

Frankie_P

Hi @KathyE499 

At this time we do not have a time estimate of when this feature will be available. We will however reach back out to this thread when there are any further updates we can share.

FarmF
Constant Contact Partner

Almost five years after the request for a common feature with other similar systems (reorder fields), and we're all still frustrated.
Python code for this:

import csv

# Open the input and output files
with open('input.csv', 'r') as input_file, open('output.csv', 'w', newline='') as output_file:
# Create a CSV reader and writer objects
reader = csv.reader(input_file)
writer = csv.writer(output_file)

# Define the field order
field_order = ['Email Address', 'First Name', 'Last Name', 'Job Title', 'Company Name']

# Write the header row in the output file with reordered fields
writer.writerow(field_order)

# Iterate through each row in the input file and reorder fields according to field_order
for row in reader:
reordered_row = [row[field_order.index(field)] for field in field_order]
writer.writerow(reordered_row)

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Planned

Hi all. We are updating the status of this idea to Planned. There has been some movement on our end to review how a draggable sign-up form would function and allow for the reorganization of contact fields. We can't share any dates or commit to this being included in an upcoming update. If we receive any news, we'll update this post. 

KimberlyScov
Campaign Contributor

STILL NOTHING has been fixed? I need to have fields in a specific order. Even numbering the field names still has them coming in different than it should be.

AmyP4402
Rookie

I would like to be able to reorder the contact fields on the landing page. I cannot even reorder them under Manage custom Fields. This is needed. 

GlobalHKA
Campaign Contributor

It is shocking that it's taken over three years for this feature to be rolled out :frown:

Dr.ClaireS
Rookie

I concur and agree that custom fields should be in any order.. Really can't believe this isn't an option 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More