Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Search multiple values within the contact search feature

0 Votes

I used to be able to wildcard (*) search. No more. This is a big problem. If I have "Company A" and "Company B", I can no longer search (*B) and find company B.... is there a way to revert?

6 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @NoahG575 thanks for sharing this feedback with us! This is a feature request we are currently collecting feedback on. Because of this we have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well. In the meantime we would suggest pulling these contacts through our segments feature instead.

NoahG575
Rookie

Yeah, my example was just that... the 'company' info is different for every single user, so I need a better way to search/sort.

MichaelM18
Rookie
Hi there, I need to report on the number of contacts added to various lists in our database each month and over the year as part of my job. I can no longer pull reports to do that because you've removed the advanced search feature from the contacts management page. Having to download anexcel document just to get a number (i.e. 64 contacts were added to Store Sign-up Jackson) was manual enough, but now I HAVE TO COUNT LINES ON MY FREAKING COMPUTER SCREEN. I'm blown away. Why would you take this feature away????
ScottC0366
Rookie

The new contacts is section does not include the search functions.  I used to be able to search my contacts by list and tags, among many other filter criteria.  My results were displayed showing the tags for each contact.  All of that functionality is gone.  It used to take a matter of minutes to update my contacts' tags.  Now I have to run a report then go back to Constant Contact and find each contact to make the changes.  Very time consuming.

Btw, I also had to wait on hold for over 15 minutes to speak to someone about this. 

Frankie_P

Hi @ScottC0366 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We apologize for the wait time you experienced connecting with our support. With that said I can see our support agents was able to track your feedback on this search ability. While we do not have a time estimate of when an advanced search function that includes multiple values will be available, it is a feature request we are continuing to track feedback on. In fact we have merged your post into a larger thread on this feature request in the meantime.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to enhance the search feature under the Contacts tab but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More