Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Select multiple blocks to move at once

I wish there was a way to group objects in emails. I use three dividers in my campaigns to create a cool effect, but when I need to move them I have to individually move them, so if there was a way to group them and move them together that would be cool.

49 Comments
JTRCnews
Rookie

Constant Contact, it's been 2 years since the need for this simple feature was brought up. No solution in all that time?

RedeemerWoburn
Campaign Collaborator

Is there a plan to add this feature to be able to move more than one block/section at a time?  A way of grouping things together?

GiacomoR16
Rookie

@Frankie_P It would be best if we could group all kinds of blocks together. The biggest problems are the dividers, because they are small and hard to reliably grab. My first thought is in the gear settings you could have a "Group block below" and "Group block above" and that would link the block above or below that object. If you can only do dividers/headers/etc. I understand these things can be complicated.

But, if I'm moving a header with decorative dividers, I want to move the section it is referencing. Thanks for your time!

BarbaraC4448
Rookie

I like CC, but having to move one design element at a time and dragging it down a long newsletter is not easy.  It's the one feature that has me searching for a new software program every month after copying and moving one element at a time.   Let's see who comes up with a turnkey way to copy and move template sections - CC, or a company that offers comparable software and a more flexible template program.  I like your  software - I hope it's you ....

StJamesPOA
Rookie

It would be helpful if users can group/ungroup blocks of text, images, etc. (as you an in PowerPoint, Publisher, Canva and other programs) to make it easier to copy and move around.  

CarolD4912
Rookie

It is painful and extremely time consuming to move each block individually. We're considering changing to another service because of the lack of usability and integration. Hoping this is available very soon.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

LauraL3439
Rookie

Just commenting here to echo a desire for this feature

EricsonP
Campaign Contributor

Adding voice as well. Please allow grouping of blocks. Copying one by one is tedious and tiresome.

MishaK18
Rookie

!!!PLEASE DEVELOPERS: ALLOW A GROUPING FUNCTION ASAP!!!

The most time-consuming part of creating our quarterly newsletters is dragging individual elements to a new location. Our newsletters are long and each section contains at a minimum six elements comprising: a spacer, divider, header text block, body text block, photo element(s) and caption text block. 

To make things even worse, dragging elements from the top to the bottom is a nightmare because it's nearly impossible to scroll down while trying to drag something. Imagine trying to do that with at least six elements for EACH section/story you need to move! If we had the ability to group elements, I could QUICKLY move that whole section in seconds instead of minutes. 

!!!PLEASE DEVELOPERS: ALLOW A GROUPING FUNCTION ASAP!!!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More