Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Select or exclude individual contacts/lists when sending email

Hey there! It would be great to have an efficient way to create exclusion lists. The tag system is a cumbersome process to go through when the goal is to simply send an email to List A, but exclude anyone who is also on List B. If a checkbox-to-exclude feature became a reality, you'd have a lot of happy customers! (I did search the "Constant Contact Community" when trying to find out how to exclude a list BTW.) 

I didn't necessarily want to post this particular message to the entire "community" but I couldn't find a way to just email my exclusion list request to your developers.

Thanks,

Kim

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

We are considering this as Implemented with the addition of “AND” and “IS NOT” logic within the segments
feature. You can now create a segment for those who are a member of List A, and not a member of List B. After
this implementation sometime around mid-2021 we’ve seen requests on this particular feature drop off across
all of our feedback channels.

There was a large variety of use cases for this particular request, so this was the solution that had the widest range to address most of them. If you require additional filtering needs, you may be interested in adding your voice to one of these existing open ideas:

The ability to segment by specific date (before X or after X)

Additional Segment Criteria

For those looking to send an email to an individual contact, you may be interested in the Quick Send feature.

99 Comments
JenniferC4646
Rookie

Hey @Adelina_R- the article you shared does not address my issue. I have an entire list tagged. How do I 'untag' one person on this list? I can't find an article on how to do this. The 'adding a tag/ deleting a tag/ help article does not address this, as it's not what I'm trying to do. Also, I can't figure out how to see the same view reflected in the screenshots of the help article you sent me. Are those screenshots and workflows dated now?

I can't find an article that addresses this issue- is there one? What I'm trying to do is very very simple. The logical workflow on most interfaces is to click into 'options' under a selected 'list' and check or uncheck certain contacts I want to be included/ excluded from a campaign. Am I missing something?

RoyP729
Rookie

We sell trucks and we send a thank you with a picture of the truck they bought.  How hard can it be to send a one-off email?  I am looking at other mass email companies because it is way too difficult to get a single email sent. 

St-Martins
Campaign Contributor

Totally want this.

MaxcieT
Constant Contact Partner

Hello!

I am Maxcie Taylor, a Marketing Director for an upcoming influencer agency in Dallas, TX.

I absolutely love Constant Contact and it has helped grow business exponentially. 

I do wish there was a way to send individual emails as well. 

I also wish it could filter out duplicate emails on various lists to make sure people aren't receiving duplicate emails.  

Lastly, Instagram has just started a feature where those who don't have a Facebook could still run ads. 

Scheduling apps as well as other software are getting on board with creating the option to schedule your content only through IG. 

Constant Contact is invaluable to my business and these few minor tweaks would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for the consideration,

Maxcie Taylor

MaxcieT
Constant Contact Partner

Can we create a way to add contacts and send individual emails without create a new list each time?

Constant contact is perfect for sending mass marketing emails, but they're also great for individual messages as well. 

Revamp every aspect of emails.

I want to send individual contacts my same branded email.

Make it happen Constant Contact.

You guys are awesome!

jasminec
Rookie

I'm leaving Constant Contact because for years and years you all have failed to do this one thing that we want. Why did you waste money updating your logo instead of providing this basic function for your users? System fail. 

NancyS2283
Rookie

Yes I also really need this feature for being able to send a thank you email to one customer.  Please add, it can't be that hard!

moshef
Campaign Expert

Why the heck can't we do this in Constant Contact like we can in other similar programs?! This is 2020 for heaven's sake. I have a very important email to go out to list A but I don't want anyone in list A who is also in list b to get it. There is no way to do that. I am going nuts!

GregT8
Rookie

This would be an extremely useful feature. 

Johnn808
Rookie

2020 Oct 12th and this is still not possible. with 55.000 clients in my list and 1500 customers i am tired of them saying I HATE YOU for offering specials to demos that we did not get. 

I guess i have look around for options. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More