Using Canva to improve your conversion rates

Set margins and page breaks for PDFs

I would like to be able to adjust the margins before downloading my ecampaign as a pdf.

74 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @LindaR794

We apologize at this time being able to edit and set the margins or page breaks when downloading your email campaign is not an available feature. It is however a feature request we are in the process of collecting feedback on.

KathyF00
Not applicable
Please give us a download that is printable according to page. The present download and print is just not acceptable!
Frankie_P

Hi @KathyF00

What pages in your Constant Contact account are you looking to print?

Frankie_P

Reply from @KathyF00 

We have two elderly members who don't have email and want their newsletters
mailed to them. The newsletter we send email is too ugly when it prints to
mail out. I've been re-creating it in Publisher which takes time. It would
be so much easier to be able to print with the correct page breaks.

ZachW80
Rookie

This was posted seven years ago and the feature still hasn't been implemented. Why even provide an idea bank if it's to be ignored? 

M.Christensen
Rookie

In reading the comments from frustrated users of Constant Contact and their inability to rectify the page break issue (not being able to see or set page breaks when you want to print a nice looking PDF), I imagine almost all users know how to print a PDF or view it before printing. I have spent two years adjusting items in the templates, previewing, adjusting, so when I print the PDF all stories/articles end on a page and don't continue to the next. What a waste of time!!!

My solution? We have moved our newsletter writing over to Canva. Canva is a much better platform for creating newsletters. You just add a page when you have filled up the first. And no, I am not affiliated with Canva in any way. 

Constant Contact...you need to solve this problem. 

Frankie_P

Hi everyone, we apologize for any inconvenience caused from this feature not yet being available. We do want to update the status of this request to support our new community idea statuses and add better insight into your feedback. In fact, while we can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

JeriW73
Campaign Contributor

Leanne, I too prepare a monthly newsletter for a senior organization and have the same issue.  After I create the email version of the newsletter I copy it and call it the "print" version.  Then I go to Preview - Test and select "Print".  I can then scroll through it and determine where I need to create space to make "pages".  I move back and forth until I have an acceptable "page" version.  It's awkward and time-consuming but it's the only way I am satisfied with the end result.  I print to a Microsoft PDF in black & white and delete any download buttons in my document.   It used to work perfectly, but CC has had issues lately where images are dropped when viewing in the print screen.  If that happens, it's a nightmare.  Using the recommended CC method does not work for me.  If I have to, I will use their method to create a pdf and then convert it to Word, but it never comes out so I'm proud of my work.  I've also attempted to edit the pdf, but again I'm not proud.    I hate to criticize CC in public, but when I first started using it, everything was great.  Now it's problem after problem that does not get solved.  I'm so disappointed.

MatthewP117
Rookie

This is why I'll be swapping out of CC. I always have a question for something that should probably be implemented in 2022 but it's not on CC. Then I try to see if it's a thing and find threads from 7 years ago when they first were getting asked about these features. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More