Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Setting Up a multi-session event

0 Votes

Hi. I have been a Constant Contact user on and off for many years. I have a decent understanding and usage of event, fundraising and membership management software tools. I just recently signed up to help migrate a membership group I am on the board of to CC. Our first event is a Photo Fundraiser, which means a 2-day event with various sessions (time slots) that constituents need to choose from. I did discuss this with your tech support team, and the work around is less than optimal. I understand that CC is working on a big Event and Email update, so I am hopeful that this type of event will be addressed. 2 BIG issues with how it is now 1.)Issue, I had to duplicate the event 20 times to allow for sign-ups of a specific time slot. Then I set up an email, had to link each event with it's time slot to a button on the email. So when ppl sign up they can't tell which event is full and are clicking around. Super frustrating for the end user and super time-consuming for me.  2.) Issue, we have to use our Church's payment system, and I can not include a button in the Event page or even in the registration confirmation, so I am instructing them to come back to the email (after registering) to pay. Equally frustrating and difficult to manage.  I am more than happy to discuss this further with you. Thank you

6 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @elizabethweaver27 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Being able to select time slots on an even campaign is a great feature request. How does setting these time slots as items for sale not fit your needs? As for your payments, what kind of payment system are you looking for through our event campaigns? Currently payments can be collected through credit cards, PayPal, check, and cash payments at the door.

None of the technical support people I spoke to mentioned this. They aren't really Items for Sale, so I wouldn't want it to say that. But, if I could manipulate the verbiage then, but I still have the issue that the sessions span two days. I would imagine someone might want the same feature if they are hosting a conference with different seminars/talks. As for the pay feature It is through our Church (kind of like a parent group), so ideally I want people to register and be directed to that site. It's PushPay for the reference. A close second would be the ability to place a button within my event landing page and/or on the event confirmation page so they pay. I know I can do this in an email, but it isn't able to be done in an event. Please let me know if you have a way now that I am missing, or that it's coming down the pipeline! TY

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

NaomiH41
Rookie

Sometimes we have events that are on multiple days. But the only way for it to be listed is to show like a continuous event that goes for weeks or months and takes up the registrants entire calendar. It would be great to add a function that allows an event to be recurring so that we can send reminders for each occurrence separately without having to create an entire new event.

Our workaround is to create a contact list from a sign-up form but we can't set limits with this which is problematic.

Thanks for your consideration!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We are working on an updated event experience in a more advanced tool. While we do not have an update or timeline to share or can guarantee any kind of commitment on how we will be handling multi-session, we hope this indicates some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration while we are building out this tool. In the meantime, as a workaround, we recommend users use items to offer these different sessions or use the Eventbrite integration.

MHAnkyswoh
Rookie

Since CC allows us to use it's platform to create events, it would make sense to allow series to be scheduled. For example, if you have a class that is weekly for a month, being able to allow all of the dates to be on one registration instead of 4 separate ones would be easier on us and those registering for events. This would be for monthly, quarterly, whatever. Right now it is very cumbersome to create recurring series as an individual event for each date.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More