Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Survey

Your new survey program is not as good as the old one. Difficult to use. Why, when you have a good product do you mess with it?
Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone,

Because this thread is not focused on one specific idea but rather general feedback on our updated survey campaigns, we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, here are some popular survey feature requests we are actively tracking:

We recommend sharing your need for these features directly on those threads instead.

17 Comments
Maureen
Campaign Collaborator

Coming back to this thread to see if any updates have been made to the new survey tool? I notices a message in my Legacy Survey about deactivation, "later in 2021." I figured some updates had occurred with the new "Survey Pages" tool but it's still very basic. Will there be any new tutorials so we can convert our current Legacy Surveys. Also, what is the timeline. 2022 is 4 months away...

MarlaS85
Rookie

I totally agree with the commenters on the new survey interface. I haven't had to do a survey in a couple of months so was thrown off that I couldn't copy an old one or make a new one easily. It's terrible. I don't understand why you would make it new and not improved.

SandeeW2
Marketing Expert

I had created a few new surveys that we ended up not using. Thought it was interesting that after I was done creating one of the surveys an actual survey popped up from Constant Contact asking about my experience. I noticed that this survey had a lot of functionality (like asking if I was "extremely dissatisfied, somewhat dissatisfied, neutral, somewhat satisfied... etc) and I thought that was odd because I was not able to have that ability on the surveys iI had just created (and that is a key reason I was not able to use them). Then I noticed that the CC survey was "powered by Qualtrics" so this tells me that Constant Contact cannot even use their own tool to get feedback from their customers. I say, if you sell something you should stand by it and use it. Does the CEO of Pepsi drink Coke in public? Just something to keep in mind as you are gathering feedback. People who pay are paying attention to details. It's tight time for many companies. Seems that our monthly payments are not reaping the benefits we used to have. 

GlobalP2
Campaign Collaborator

Constant Contact: Are you going to fix the survey platform or not? All the responses sound like there is no resolution. As if this hasn't already wasted enough of my time... would be nice to know these comments are being received with intent. 

TimJ725
Rookie

I do not even know where to begin with my frustration with the new survey tool and am so thankful I found this post. HERE IS TO HOPING THAT CONSTANT CONTACT WILL ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE ISSUES....

1. Skip Logic - What happened to this? Why would you eliminate a feature like this? 

- A well written survey uses skip logic. If I am asking a series of questions and they do not pertain to the respondent, they should be able to skip to the next question that makes sense. 

2. Contact Information - Before there was a way to have one question that included a space for the respondent to enter their contact information (First name, last name, company, email, city, state, etc.). Now I either have to create multiple questions asking this information OR create one question and add a comment box in hopes that the person will include everything I asked for.

3. Exporting & Viewing Results - When I use the new survey, I find it extremely difficult to view the results I am looking for and they do not export in the format they use to. 

Has anyone found a work around for the aforementioned issues or found a different service provider to create surveys? I have a large number of surveys to create within the next two months and am running out of options.

Frankie_P

Hi @TimJ725

We apologize for any inconvenience caused from these features not being carried over. The features you have mentioned are all being tracked and monitored on their own request threads:

We recommend sharing your need for these items directly on their threads.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Hi everyone,

Because this thread is not focused on one specific idea but rather general feedback on our updated survey campaigns, we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, here are some popular survey feature requests we are actively tracking:

We recommend sharing your need for these features directly on those threads instead.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More