Tool box is blocked

When I'm trying to edit a block the tool box gets in the way and I can't see what I'm trying to edit in the header. This is very annoying. I mentioned it last year in a chat and it still isn't fixed!

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

@SusanS222 When viewing your email, I can see the toolbar appearing normally as I scroll. The behavior is not reproducible across all accounts so we need to collect information from users affected by the toolbar not appearing even when the browser is set to 100% zoom and the window is at full width. Please email communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the following information:

• Username
  • A reference to this post, such as a link
  • Browser(s) affected
  • Full page screenshot of the missing toolbar
  • A screen recording if possible
  • Operating system

The more information we receive, the easier it will be for our product team to research the issue.

42 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @RMLisch 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this experience. I apologize the formatting toolbar is covering the text in your block. In these cases we suggest scrolling down on your page. We have seen this workaround of scrolling work well for other customers having this same experience.

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @RMLisch, thanks for sharing this issue with us. We are aware of an issue that seems to affect some users where the toolbar won't automatically scroll down in some cases, which causes this issue. I've opened this idea up for voting so we can get input from other users, however, I wanted to see if you could check something for me. In your browser, are you currently zoomed in at all? This is often caused by the browser being zoomed in past 100%. You can quickly check this by pressing "Control + 0" (the number zero) at the same time when you're in your browser on Windows. If you're on Mac, it'd be "CMD + 0". 

This should reset your zoom to 100%. If you could try this and let me know what your results are, that'd be super helpful with this issue.

I learned from the Support Team that, to move the edit box so it doesn't block my text, I need to use Ctrl+0 to resize my screen and put the text I'm trying to edit at the bottom of the screen. Until I learned this, the incessant appearance of the edit box was really annoying since it interfered with seeing the text I was trying to edit. Can you make this more intuitive somehow?

Candace_M
Employee

Hello @FirstNameL248083,

Thanks for the feedback on this topic! Do you tend to zoom in or out often, or were you not aware your screen may not be on the default? Would you prefer the toolbar to move differently while editing?

MonaJ04
Rookie

When adding new text the menu obstructs the text box I'm trying to type in. Need to be able to move the text menu box to allow for typing inside the block. The 'hand' icon doesn't work to move the box out of the way.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @MonaJ04. If you scroll up or down within the campaign, you should be able to view the entire text block depending on how much text you have entered. This is especially useful when you're typing towards the start of a block. How would you like to see the toolbar positioned otherwise?

TheFundforPeopleinParks
Campaign Expert

Whenever I click on a Text field to edit it, the editing box shows up directly OVER the text that I'm trying to edit, so I cannot see the text itself that I am trying to manipulate.  Consider having it hover just slightly above or away from the text itself so I can actually see it.  I am aware that I can scroll around to get it to get away, but the default should not be directly OVER my text.  Thank you for your consideration.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

DwellCommunityChurch
Brand Visionary

I have this same issue. The box is relatively large and obstructs the view unless I position everything just right. Even on a large monitor I can't see it unless I have it start way down on the screen, and then I can't see the entire article.

sloan
Rookie

I NEED TO WATCH HOW TO DO THIS ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY TOO

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More