Tool box is blocked

When I'm trying to edit a block the tool box gets in the way and I can't see what I'm trying to edit in the header. This is very annoying. I mentioned it last year in a chat and it still isn't fixed!

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

@SusanS222 When viewing your email, I can see the toolbar appearing normally as I scroll. The behavior is not reproducible across all accounts so we need to collect information from users affected by the toolbar not appearing even when the browser is set to 100% zoom and the window is at full width. Please email communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the following information:

• Username
  • A reference to this post, such as a link
  • Browser(s) affected
  • Full page screenshot of the missing toolbar
  • A screen recording if possible
  • Operating system

The more information we receive, the easier it will be for our product team to research the issue.

42 Comments
HROToday
Rookie

Me too, it wasn't like this before. Makes it impossible to write.

SusanS222
Campaign Expert

Agreed! This is so annoying and distracting! We shouldn't have to scroll down continuously as we type, the box should pop up elsewhere on the screen like it does in other applications. 

SusanS222
Campaign Expert

When I go to edit text, the toolbox shows up hidden, I have to chase it around the screen trying to get it to a position where I can actually use it. This didn't happend before all the system changes that have been made recently. Please fix asap and keep me updated. see screenshotCapture.PNGtb.PNG

AmyD19027
Marketing Legend

This is really annoying! Sometimes the toolbox covers text I'm trying to edit (when the text is at the top of an email) and sometimes, anywhere in an email, the toolbox disappears entirely! Please fix this!

CherylW69
Rookie

I also continue having this issue with the editing toolbox covering the text I want to edit. I checked my zoom ratio, it is that way when I'm at 100%. It is discouraging to see all the comments that people have been having this issue dating back to 2019. Why can't the toolbox be movable, or on the side rather than in the text itself?

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

Agree with @CherylW69. So many web interfaces, whether email design, chat logs, or anything else, offer a toolbar in a way you can actually use it. If it's hard to control where it pops up, why not build it into the module's layout instead of being a popup. Even that can be a problem if you have to scroll up to the top of a long comment to reach the toolbar, but at least you can get to it and use it. It really would be helpful to know if this is actually on the developers' worklist.

I can't type in the text box because the toolbox is covering the text.  So many people have been complaining about this for it looks like far more than a year and it's still a problem.  Do I have to type everything in word and then paste it into Constant Contact? 

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @SalvationArmyCS. In your browser, are you currently zoomed in at all? This is often caused by the browser being zoomed in past 100% and will affect how the toolbar appears on the page.

Yes!  I didn't even realize I was zoomed in, but you're right - I was.  Thanks so much.  It was so frustrating because I've used CC for years and never had that happen before.  

Caitlin_M
Administrator

You're so welcome @SalvationArmyCS! Glad we could help. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More