Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Unable to access libary subfolders in new editor

I can no longer access my library subfolders when attempting to add images to my email. I can see my folders, but no longer can see subfolders. This worked 95% of the time in the old editor. I have tried multiple computers, an ipad and in both Chrome and Firefox. Why was this functionality removed? When will it be fixed?

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Updated 2/2/23

We apologize for any inconvenience caused from this defect. Subfolders not appearing when working in editor is an active defect we are aware of and continuing to troubleshoot. Because of this having some examples of images, the names of these images, that do not appear is important information for us to track. The workarounds we suggest in the meantime are:

• Insert an Image block, or double-click on an existing image in the email to replace it.

• Look for the image using the search bar

• Find the image in the library and copy the image URL from there

• Add all images to main folders

18 Comments
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend

Effective 8/30/22, I can no longer see my library sub-folders when selecting an image to add to an email. Why is this? I don't want to scroll through ALL my images to find the one I need. That was the whole purpose of of creating sub-folders in my library. I have tried multiple computers and an iPad. This occurs in both Chrome and Firefox.

MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend

interesting that my separate individual posts are being deleted and rolled into this post. Any idea why? So much is now being jumbled together in the post - how will CC follow up all these different issues?

Frankie_P

Hi @MaryJoC83

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! This experience you're having with the subfolders in your library is a defect we are currently troubleshooting. In the meantime, as a workaround, we recommend searching for the name of your image in all images or adding the images to your main folders.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend

I inherited this account. I spent much time organizing over 1500 images into folders and subfolders. Many do NOT have individual unique names. Why would I want to undo all the work and move the images to folders? I have a product gallery of many items we carry in our store. I do not want every product lumped in one folder called products. Why would you suggest something that takes a step back from a functionality that you had previously?

Frankie_P

Hi @MaryJoC83

What are some of the names of the images that may be missing from your image tab? Another workaround we suggest is to insert an Image block, or double-click on an existing image in the email to replace it through the library pop-up.

MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend

Names of files are NOT the issue.

The issue is that I have a treed structure with folders & subfolders. While the subfolders are visible in the library, they are NOT visible in the NEW editor when trying to access the images from the editor - either from the image menu drop down or via replacing the image using the library pop-up.

For campaigns that are still using the old editor everything functions with no change and I can see and select files from my subfolders when I access them as you stated above. 

Please see the screen shots below.

MaryJoC83_0-1662497597503.pngMaryJoC83_2-1662498055368.png

Frankie_P

Updated 2/2/23

We apologize for any inconvenience caused from this defect. Subfolders not appearing when working in editor is an active defect we are aware of and continuing to troubleshoot. Because of this having some examples of images, the names of these images, that do not appear is important information for us to track. The workarounds we suggest in the meantime are:

• Insert an Image block, or double-click on an existing image in the email to replace it.

• Look for the image using the search bar

• Find the image in the library and copy the image URL from there

• Add all images to main folders
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend

Just checking back in to see if any progress has been made with this issue?

Frankie_P

Hi @MaryJoC83

At this time we do not have a time estimate of when this change will be made. Because this is not an experience all users are having it does have to be troubleshooted on a case by case basis. However If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More