Undo button undoes more work than expected

0 Votes

I have been having all kinds of frustration with using Constant Contacts for the last couple of weeks.   I called the help desk and was told you were aware of the problems and working on them but they still aren't any better and I'm constantly having to redo what I've already done.   Here are examples:

1. Half the time the pop-up box doesn't appear to select DONE.  Usually at the same time, neither is the SAVE button at the top highlighted so I can save what I've done.
  2. I try to move a segment from one place to another in the newsletter and it takes more than I want to move.
  3. When I hit UNDO, it undoes more than just the last action.
  4. More times than not it doesn't allow me to select spacer lines to adjust their size or even delete them.

These problems only began 2 weeks ago and I understand you've had an upgrade.   Surely within 2 weeks you can get these issues fixed because my time is being greatly wasted.   Now if there's something I need to do on my end, I need someone to tell me.   I am about to contact the helpdesk again and hope I can get a better answer than I did last week.

Thank you.

My name is Pam using the account for Harriett.  

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi all. Since this is not a widespread issue, it's difficult to drill down to what exactly may be causing the Undo issue. We are collecting information to submit to our Product Team for further investigation. We ask that any user having this experience email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, and the following details:

• Campaign name
  • Operating system and browser used
  • If the campaign was copied, which campaign is the original used for the copy?
  • What content was lost/how much content? Was the content all in one block or multiple blocks?
  • Does the content that disappears seem to be random, or the same content, if it happens more than once?
  • What steps were used to add the content? Typing, copy/pasting, etc? If copy/pasting, can you provide the file for testing?
  • What steps were used to undo - the Undo button, right-click Undo, Ctrl-Z?

We are continuing to share the feedback and details shared with us. We will leave this thread under Gathering Information and will post any updates we may hear from our teams.

10 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @AdventCLT

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! Both the save button not highlighting and the undo button working for more than the last change are defects we are in the process of troubleshooting. As for multiple blocks moving at once instead of one and being unable to edit your spacers we would like to take a closer look. What is the name of the campaign you're seeing this with? Operating system and browser you're using? Was the copied, if so which campaign is the original used for the copy?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

AdventCLT
Occasional Participant

Operating system is Windows11 -- Browser is Chrome.

Campaigns with problems ---    eNEWS 9-8-2022 and eNEWS 9-1-2022.   I may have had some issues or eNEWS 8-25-22 but can't remember now.   Every week I copy the one from the previous week and then update each article as necessary.   It was working so perfectly before this upgrade.   I could get in and then quickly do my work and then move on to the next thing on my desk.   Not so this week.

The eNEWS 9-8-2022 is what precipitated my comment.   Three times I had to redo changes because every time I hit the undo button it deleted all the changes I had made.  I also called the helpdesk and finally got someone after a long wait.  I think his name was Hermando.   He was sharing my screen and saw the same thing.   Made a copy and said he needed a few minutes to work on it.   Never came back and evidently we were disconnected BUT later than day when I went back to it, I wasn't experiencing all the problems so maybe he fixed something.   I sure hope it lasts.

Please note that if you need to send an email to ME, my email address is.   This account belongs to Harriett Easley, email

but I'm the one who works with the account in doing our communications.    My name is Pam.

JarredA
Participant

Please reinstate the option for us to copy/paste/edit legacy emails! It saves so much time and is such an important function for us

YogaS9
Participant

@constant Contact, 

The undo button issue has been going on for months. At first I thought it was a glitch that would get resolved, but at this point it's becoming a major sticking point in my work. I am ready to switch to, as this is costing me A LOT of time, headache, and frustration. When clicking the undo button, it could erase up to the last 5-6 actions or everything I've done since opening the campaign. What is the estimated time of resolution on this? I am seriously ready to switch providers. This is not a little glitch, this is infuriating to have to keep re-crafting my work.

Frankie_P

Hi @AdventCLT

Thanks for following up with these details! We have tracked this feedback in your account on your behalf. As for the contact email address you are receiving notifications on, this is an update you will have to make while in your Community account. You can do so by clicking your icon in the top right hand corner > My Settings > Personal > Email.

Frankie_P

Hi @JarredA and @YogaS9

At this time we do not have a time estimate of when this will be resolved. Because it is not a defect all users are experiencing it does have to be troubleshooted on a case by case basis. In fact if you can please share the information previously requested in this thread we would be happy to submit these details to our Product Team.

brianw946
Occasional Participant

I have reported this UNDO issue several times over the last year via telephone along with other issues I am experiencing using CC. I have spend countless hours reworking projects just due to this issue alone -- exasperating to say the least. I was informed that this is a known issue and it is being looked at. I was also assured that this is not an issue affecting only my account and that it is something that all users are experiencing.  Any idea if and when this will ever be resolved?

SaraHVHQ
Frequent Participant

I have to redo an entire email I worked all morning on---beyond frustrated to find out this is an ongoing issue----

Frankie_P

Hi all. Since this is not a widespread issue, it's difficult to drill down to what exactly may be causing the Undo issue. We are collecting information to submit to our Product Team for further investigation. We ask that any user having this experience email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, and the following details:

• Campaign name
  • Operating system and browser used
  • If the campaign was copied, which campaign is the original used for the copy?
  • What content was lost/how much content? Was the content all in one block or multiple blocks?
  • Does the content that disappears seem to be random, or the same content, if it happens more than once?
  • What steps were used to add the content? Typing, copy/pasting, etc? If copy/pasting, can you provide the file for testing?
  • What steps were used to undo - the Undo button, right-click Undo, Ctrl-Z?

We are continuing to share the feedback and details shared with us. We will leave this thread under Gathering Information and will post any updates we may hear from our teams.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More