Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Update Profile Link Needed

It would be nice to have a link made available for us to use for "Update Profile Form". Currently, there is only a link for "Sign-Up Form". If I want to send a message out to my database asking them to review and update their profile, I have to use the "Sign-Up Form" link which is miss-leading and requires our customers to sign up for the lists again before it recognizes them as already being in the system. Adding the "Update Profile Form" link to the sign up tools will allow us to place only the update info inside of a message and making the system easier or use and not confusing to the customers.
56 Comments
Megan11
Marketing Expert

I agree - is there a way to remove it from the header and just leave it in the footer?

MikeN27718
Rookie

Ridiculous that this hasn't been acted on yet. If someone needs to split a large list into two lists, based on a choice the contact needs to make, there is no way to do this. mailchimp does this easily with a merge tag. not sure why the update profile link can only be in the footer even if it is unique to the user. 

Also your update profile process causes a user to jump through too many hoops. 

1. click a link in an email sent to you

2. go to website and click submit

3 open new email and click on another link

4. fill out form

how about we just go from step 1 directly to step 4

FPolson
Campaign Contributor

Adding a voice to the conversation. We are also needing this feature.

HeathM5
Campaign Contributor

Why do you need votes? 4 people telling you its stupid to have a link in the header is not enough for you? Beside I d like to know how to link a visitor to an unsubscribe page?

Beatriz_R
Employee

Hey @HeathM5,

Thank you for bringing this up! To clarify the first part, are you referring to the Permission Reminder setting in the header of your email? If so, that option can be removed, leaving the Unsubscribe link only in the footer!

I see you're using our Custom Code emails which has the option to turn off the Permission Reminder in the Message Header option:

2018-05-09_1016.png

As far as including an Unsubscribe link in your email or directing a visitor to that link, at this time that is not a feature in our system but I understand the importance of this and I've definitely passed your request along again. Our engineers are aware and keeping this in mind with future changes, though we do not have a time frame on that.

HeathM5
Campaign Contributor

Hi Thanks for your response.

Permission reminder is not what I was reffering to. I think everyone has got that set to off anyway :smileyface:

I am quite shocked that you still haven't resolved this tiny request that should have been done for years without anybody voting or telling you about it. Specially now that the law will change, we have the new General Data Protection Regulation coming out in 2 weeks.

Beatriz_R
Employee

Hey @HeathM5,

I completely understand! In the meantime, you are able to check our blog post for updates about GDPR and what we're doing to be compliant in case you haven't yet!

https://blogs.constantcontact.com/gdpr-how-to-comply/

JeffA569
Rookie

It would also be good to send all contacts the chance to unsubscribe within the actually body of the email because of GDPR I want to make it easy for people to unsubscribe without scrolling to the bottom the page to find the link. Is this possible.?

Beatriz_R
Employee

Hello @JeffA569,

Thank you for reaching out. At this time it is only possible to have the Unsubscribe link at the footer of the email. I've passed along your request for this!

MarloesM6
Rookie

Hi there,

I think I have read all about the topic and I am very curious if there is a solution for the update profile form URL.

I too need a direct URL to apply new GDPR. Hope there is a way to get this URL in a more outstanding button in body of the email. Looking forward!

Regards, Jantien 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More