Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Updates to sending emails

So many changes have been made to sending out emails that you have made it difficult to use and much more time consuming. Maybe it's time to change to 
6 Comments
DorothyC1
Campaign Contributor

I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT - EVER SINCE YOU HAVE BEGUN CHANGING EVERYTHING - THE AMOUNT OF TIME TO EVEN COPY & MAKE A FEW CHANGES TO A BASIC EMAIL HAS TRIPLED.  WHAT ARE YOU DOING>??????  HAVE CHANGED EVERYTHING THAT I KNEW AND I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO ATTEMPT TO LEARN THE NEW "VERY DIFFICULT" USES YOU HAVE installed.  WHY ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO FIX SOMETHING THAT WAS "NOT" BROKEN.  OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE MAKING REVISIONS FOR TECKY PEOPLE NOT THE BUSINESS OWNER WHO DOES THEIR OWN EMAILS.  I ALONG WITH "many" others are researching other sources as you have no concern to make constant contact user friendly as it once was.   even signing in is difficult - keep asking for new password of at least 6 characters - when even 10 characters is rejected.  you seem determined to make it difficult enough so that customers will leave - well congratulations you have succeeded.  GOOD BYE

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @DonA we're sorry to hear you feel this way! What specific updates to our email campaigns do you find difficult to use? Having any further details allows us to make sure your feedback is appropriately tracked to the correct teams.

Frankie_P

Hi @DorothyC1  thanks for sharing this feedback with us! It's important to note that while our email campaign templates have been updated, the process to copy one of these templates so you can make updates has not. What about our current email editor does not fit your needs? We also have an article that specifically goes over some of the differences and similarities between the legacy editor and our current one. Feel free to peruse our Knowledge Base for other helpful guides, tutorial videos, tips, and basic troubleshooting assistance regarding the editor.

If you'd like some live, one-on-one guidance and screensharing, our friendly phone support staff would be happy to assist you while you make the transition. They can also collect info on what template(s) you'd like to have transposed into the current editor, or get an order written up if you'd like a wholly different, branded template created.

As for your password, our system performs several checks and balances to ensure our customer's passwords are secure, unique, and not easily guessed. Your current Constant Contact password could be potentially unsecure and have failed one of these checks. To protect your account, our system asks that you update your password.

Frankie_P

Reply from @DorothyC1 

I appreciate your offers of assistance however they do not answer my concerns as to why changes were made that were not improvements but created learning curves. The statement that previous emails can be copied and edited Is the opposite of the written statement on your site that states that can NOT be done. Out of all the emails I have created the system would only allow me to copy 4 none of which I needed. As for my login & password, they were accepted for years until you changed your rules without notice. So far I have found no changes that improved the appearance or the efficient use of the system. change to make the system more user friendly is understandable but that is not what you have done. If anything you created the opposite outcome. So disappointed.

Frankie_P

Hi @DorothyC1 I apologize for any confusion my previous response may have caused. It is our outdated Legacy Newsletter templates that can no longer be copied and reused. However our updated Email Newsletters in our Third Generation Editor can in fact be copied and reused following these steps. With that said, what about these updated templates do you find have created a learning curve? Any further details you can provide is important feedback for us to pass on to our Product Team.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Information

Since we did not hear back from you, we are closing this post. If you have further feedback regarding our editor, please post on our Feedback board so we can better understand what you are looking to accomplish.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More