Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Upload and schedule multiple social posts

0 Votes

Hello, I have some ideas that I am hoping you can implement in the social media campaigns. 1. After a post is scheduled, have a button to schedule another post. Right now there are only options to still interact with that post and I have to go to a different page to create a new one. 2. If we have a post that is multiple images, could we either have a push notification, or Sked Social has been able to figure out how to automatically post an Instagram carousel so perhaps there is software you could also adapt. I would greatly appreciate any work you can put forth in these aspects. Thank you.

38 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @MarshaS9 we apologize for any inconvenience caused from this feature not being carried over. We have submitted this request to our Product Team on your behalf. We have also opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

TedM3
Rookie
Previously I would share to social media using the calendar to share several days back to back. I don't see how to do that using the new format. Cheers, Ted.
TomL170
Rookie
Your social sharing changes have completely messed up the process and does not work consistently. The old way was much simpler to schedule and actually worked!
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @TomL170 what about our updated Social Share feature does not fit your needs? What exactly are you experiencing that does not work when creating or scheduling your post?

TomL170
Rookie

Before the changes, I could schedule multiple social media destinations for different days and times from one screen.  It was a much simpler process than all of the steps now required to schedule multiple destinations with multiple days and times.  Also when I insert a picture to use with the social media posting, the picture is no longer a link to the post itself but only to the picture.

PhyllisD750
Campaign Collaborator
It is absolutely ridiculous that a company with the (supposed) technological expertise of Constant Contact cannot provide a way to send out a social media post on more than one time/date. I was told by your representative that, if I want to schedule a second post time/date for a Linked-In post on the following date, I have to wait until the first one posts and then go back and copy the link and set it up. I asked her why it couldn't be set up at the same time and she explained that it was because it was not a "live" link until posted. If it is not a "live" link how can it be posted the first time? In the former method, it was possible to enter an initial post and a follow-up at the same time. Now I have to remember what time I posted the first post and be sure to go back and repost it for a second time. In 2021, Constant Contact should be able to allow the scheduling of one post two times!!!
MichelleB637
Marketing Legend

Why did Social Share have to change?! It was awesome, now it's horrible. It's cumbersome, I can't pick dates to choose and share... I've seen so many people's posts that are dissatisfied with this 'new' feature... Are you going to revise this and make it easy like it was before? 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @MichelleB637 how are you looking to select dates when creating a social share post? Does our current "Schedule for later" option help fit your needs?

social-post-create-a-post-overlay-fb-and-twitter-options-without-variation-and-schedule-post-button-step789101112.png

MichelleB637
Marketing Legend

@Frankie_P Yes, I use "schedule later"...and that works...for that ONE post. What happened to the Calendar, where I could pick SEVERAL dates and "schedule later" ?

MaryD6146
Campaign Collaborator

I agree that it is WAY more difficult to use social share now. I'm very unhappy with this change.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More