Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Use Email As An Option for Multi-Factor Authentication

No email option for MFA? Those without a direct phone number / smart phone will have to use another mail service.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Update August 2022: Multi-factor authentication is an industry standard that is used by many online services to keep their customer’s data secure. Given the types of data available in your account, including your contact lists and sensitive billing information, we are requiring all accounts to set up MFAto protect your business or organization.

We are considering additional features to make MFA easier to manage. There are no immediate developments happening, but we are continuing to share the feedback. 

23 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Update August 2022: Multi-factor authentication is an industry standard that is used by many online services to keep their customer’s data secure. Given the types of data available in your account, including your contact lists and sensitive billing information, we are requiring all accounts to set up MFAto protect your business or organization.

We are considering additional features to make MFA easier to manage. There are no immediate developments happening, but we are continuing to share the feedback. 

MPHIEvents
Rookie
I am really frustrated that we cannot use an email for MFA because we do not want personal phones attached to our Account Owner.
LoriS401
Brand Influencer
i absolutely HATE that your company is now FORCING US to give our text. Its more work and it invades my privacy. WHO IS YOUR COMPANY SELLING OUR PHONE NUMBERS TO? Why couldnt you make it possible for us to at least use email options? Likely because you WANT OUR PRIVATE PHONE NUMBERS! Instead of invading our privacy, you should improve the quality of your SLOW platform. YOur tech people SUCK because your platform is so freaking SLOW. AS SOON as I have time , I WILL BE LEAVING your company. PRIVACY INVASION? Now even my VA needs to call me to get the access code. YOU only made it harder on us and invaded our privacy and took away more freedom. Idiots.
DWMO
Campaign Contributor

The Multifactor authentification offered by Constant Contact is ill-conceived and implemented. None of the 2FA options provided are practical for our users, and there is no way to opt out of setting it up.

I do not want our employees using their personal cell phones to authenticate. Send numbers by voice? Does that work with a business phone exchange? For those (very few) employees who do have company cell phones, you have not included the Microsoft Authenticator app as an authentication method, which is the only method we allow on corporate phones.  Nor have you set up the most basic of 2FA. I.e., send the code via email to the account holder

In summary, our users cannot set up 2FA in line with corporate policy. Consequently, they are being forced to set it up against company policy on their personal cell phones.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @DWMO thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Does enabling voice authentication to a direct line or extension help fit your needs? Or are you strictly looking to have email as an option for authentication?

DWMO
Campaign Contributor

email and the MS Authenticator App are our preferred two-factor authentication options, thanks!

RobertH4988
Campaign Collaborator

The MFA policy seems poorly thought out.  For our development of a 3rd party integration, we have several developers using an API Key for developing our integration.  We can't have 3 or more people in different locations dependent on an app on my phone to log into to CC.

MarilagM3
Brand Influencer

Hi. How do we turn off MFA or is there a way to use email as an option?

Frankie_P

Hi @MarilagM3

While turning off this authentication or using email are not available features, with the help of our phone support you can however change your setup to one of the other options.

LaineH0
Rookie

Hi @Frankie_P

Will those options be available for the future? We work in an environment where multiple people are accessing the same account, and in order to sign people in, I need to have them let me know that they will be sending me a code to my phone, and then I have to send them the time-sensitive code back to ensure they simply log in. It's a rather frustrating process, and I'd love to change it to an email authenticator where we all have access.

Thanks! I hope we can find a simpler solution. Appreciate it!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More