Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Welcome message send to both manual and self adds

0 Votes

It would be helpful if the Welcome email automation would send to both people who sign-up themselves and to those who are manually added.

It would make sense that if someone signs up - whether they sign-up themselves through an inline form or whether we add them manually - that they would receive the same message. Why do I have to create two different automations to send the identical message to people who sign-up for our e-news through different channels?

This difference of treatment is NOT clear at all in the automation instructions or FAQ. If you insist that users create two different automations, at least make this clear in the FAQ so that your customers are not wasting time (over an hour) trying different things then chatting with your customer service when it is a known issue.

5 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @JenniferH15

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us. We apologize for any confusion there may have been with the welcome email in your account. With that said, does creating an automated email series with the list-join trigger help fit your needs? Doing so allows contacts to receive this campaign whether they join your list through manually being added or through a sign-up form.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

JenniferH15
Campaign Collaborator

Hi Frankie - Thanks for checking in. I ended up creating a secondary list-join trigger message after a lengthy chat with customer service (and after spending over an hour trying to figure out the issue and reading thru documentation where this issue was never mentioned... like the Welcome Message FAQs). From my chat with customer service, it seemed like I needed to create two messages that serve as Welcome messages - one set-up as a Welcome message for people who self-join and one set-up as a list-trigger message for people manually added.

For future customers who encounter this, I'm suggesting that Constant Contact make the info about the limitations of the Welcome message and the workaround much more apparent.

Frankie_P

Hi @JenniferH15

Thanks for following up with these details. We have passed on your feedback about our Welcome Email Knowledge Base Article to the appropriate teams on your behalf. Because our list-join trigger was able to fit your needs we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! Please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More