Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

When constant contact fails their customers

There was another big failure today; constant contact unable to send my completed and scheduled email. When i called they said oh it’s a huge issue affecting many, but the description of the problem on their web page said it’s about editing emails which was not my issue. Anyway, as constant contact contributed to make it worse by pingponging me back and forth to different unhelpful departments, and after an hour of this, offering me a minimal $20 off my bill was degrading to say the least. It took the upper level supervisor to actually look into my account to see that it was not an editing issue ( why didn’t anyone else ask to look, i mean i thought they were looking). I hate calling constant contact for their errors because it’s always a huge energy drain and waste of time where i could be calling a client for a sale. A suggestion would be they offer another service to their clients for free rather than $20 off the bill. I’ve lost many hundreds of dollars potentially more, in sales and time and they should offer something comparable to the loss like a free marketing consult for emails, as an example. As i write my issue is still not resolved, with upper level mgmt in communication with upper level tech support? For heavens sake!
3 Comments
SabrinaK203
Marketing Legend

A full day with my email not being sent by constant contact has lost me at least $500.  I asked, as a solution to the problem, to offer me, maybe an hour of free marketing advise on my email campaigns vs the pidly $20 they want to give.   From the AM on I was asking, should I simply copy campaign and resend.  They could not advise that this morning, but after all day long this is what they suggest; absolute waste of time.  I'm shopping around for another mail client; only keeping this one til I find another that's hopefully more on top of it.  Here's the ridiculous unsolved issue as stated by the Constant contact superiors.  : 

"On 2/14 between 10:42am - 01:00pm ET, we experienced a system issue which affected one of your email campaigns scheduled to send during this time.

Due to the nature of this issue, this email campaign was not sent, and is in an 'Error' status. If you would still like to send this campaign, you will need to copy the original email, reselect your list(s) or segment, and schedule it at the time of your choosing.

At this time, you will see the affected email display with a status of 'Error' when navigating to the Home or Campaigns tab. Clicking on the campaign will show the email details, (including your selected list or lists) with a banner message, 'We couldn't send your email due to one or more errors' across the top of the page.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and assure you we are working to try to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.  If you run into any issues or questions along the way, please feel free to visit our Help Center, where you'll find helpful information and other ways to get in touch with our Support Team.

Thank you for using Constant Contact,

The Constant Contact Support Team"

Frankie_P

Hi @SabrinaK203 

We apologize for the experience you had with your campaign as this is definitely not the experience we want our users to have! We have taken a look at your account and can see this was a widespread system issue some users experienced. We did receive reports of users receiving error messages when trying to save or send their email campaign. Regarding your feedback of the description of the issue listed on the website, I agree it could have been more clear about the issue symptoms and we will take that feedback back to the appropriate teams.

As for your credit request, we can see a ticket has been submitted to our Billing Support for further assistance. One of these agents will contact you directly with any further updates as in alliance with our Idea Guidelines, feedback regarding our billing policies will not be open for discussion here in the Community. Discussion of billing policies are best suited for our billing teams as they can often be specific to individual accounts or involve sensitive information.

Because of this we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! Your feedback will still be shared internally. The suggestion of a marketing consultation or additional offer is a great idea. Please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More