Formatting block blocks too much content

0 Votes

Love your product and have been using it for years. Is there a way to make your formatting block movable? It's always position RIGHT over what I'm working on, blocking my view of the title and text I've worked on as I move down the line. It's really, really annoying. 

Thanks!

Clare

7 Comments
Status changed to: Open Questions

Thanks for the feedback @AliseCSWD,

I'd love to understand your feedback better.  Is there a way you can give me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Constant Blocktact.jpg

Thank you for the screenshot!

The way it works now, the formatting toolbar will always position it self directly above the current block you are in.  Is this making it difficult for you to click into your headline block above your text block?  Also-- from your screenshot-- if you were to have the ability to move the toolbar, where do you think you would want to position it?

Speaking for myself, my writing process involves tapping out a place-holder headline and writing the story below. Usually somewhere along the line, the real headline emerges as the story evolves. That draft header also serves as a reminder of the focus of the story. Having the formatting tab lodged right above where I'm working also keeps me from easily referring back to what I've already written. From a technical standpoint, the current position probably makes sense. From the creation side, it takes up prime viewing space and makes me feel like I'm wearing a baseball cap that's always too low over my eyes.
     Ideally I would like to have the freedom to click and drag it to wherever I want on the screen. If that's not possible, then hmmmm. Based on how my monitor is set up, I'd like it pegged to the top of the newsletter screen -- but it could be smaller and less chunky-looking so it doesn't take up precious viewing real estate, some of which is already soaked up by the nav bar and "save-undo-redo" bar.
     If you made the left-hand formating bar also less enormous, there would be more room there as well for a sidebar treatment of the text formatting options.

Thanks!

Thank you for the great feedback!  I'm going to pass all of this along to our UX team.

Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Status changed to: Closed - No Action

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More