Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Complaint about billing's aggressive tactics

0 Votes
Thanks. I want to to say that I suspended my account before, and had a very different and better experience. So, don't take this personally, but my interaction with the billing department was the first time in my years as a customer, I became very disappointed in Constant Contact. 

The person on the phone, Candy,  was repeatedly very pushy about my keeping account open when I asked for it to be suspended without listening nor caring about what I wanted. She said she would "help in anyway" but  had a hidden agenda to squeeze me for more money. I felt the way she tried to get me to drop the choice to suspend my account and instead keep it open was tacky, pushy, slimy-car dealerish and aggressive and not in line with how all of my other interactions with other representatives were. What I objected to was the sweet voiced "Double-speak" in which she kept reassuring met that she'd help me in whatever way she could while scheming to corner me into giving your company more $.

This was the first time I thought, ah. Constant contact are just out to score. I know this are a corporation but there are other email marketing platforms that don't harass customers. My advice: don't alienate your most loyal customers trying to squeeze a few bucks out of them, especially when they are not leaving but just suspending. It's in bad form, leaves a bad taste in one's mouth and makes them want to leave. No one likes to feel manipulated or conned.

1 Comment
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Hello @InspiredTherapy. Thank you for your feedback about your interaction with our Billing team and I sincerely apologize if you felt that you were treated poorly during your conversation. I have forwarded your concerns to our management team. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More