Add more emojis to picker

Hi

I read a lot of marketing materials that say using an Emoji in the Subject Line has a better open rate.  

I wanted to know if there was a way to add a company logo to the Subject Line of outgoing emails or if there was a way to create an Emoji from a Company Logo and add it to the existing listing of Emojis available?

Personalizing an email is great but adding a Company Logo will identify the email as not being junk mail when spotted in someone's email listing.

As an insurance company, any other existing Emoji would not work for a professional organization.

Any ideas on how to create this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Top Answer
Candace_M
Employee

Hello @TCCGolf,

Thank you for reaching out with this request! Are you saying that you want more pre-selected emojis to appear when you click the 😃 icon in your header section? 

You do always have the ability to copy an emoji from emojipedia if you don't have the emoji that you need.
CHeck out our article here for more information.

22 Comments
jayw987
Rookie

Hi

I read a lot of marketing materials that say using an Emoji in the Subject Line has a better open rate.  

I wanted to know if there was a way to add a company logo to the Subject Line of outgoing emails or if there was a way to create an Emoji from a Company Logo and add it to the existing listing of Emojis available?

Personalizing an email is great but adding a Company Logo will identify the email as not being junk mail when spotted in someone's email listing.

As an insurance company, any other existing Emoji would not work for a professional organization.

Any ideas on how to create this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shirley - shirley@atlanticpension.com

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hey @jayw987, thanks for posting your idea! Emojis are very similar to fonts in the way that if a user doesn't have a font downloaded to their computer, it won't display properly. The way emojis work is that all modern devices have a basic library of emojis that are supported and in order to modify those, the emoji would have to be distributed to those devices, like a software update. We unfortunately don't have the ability to modify the emojis that are supported on devices and using a custom emoji wouldn't display on the end user's device. I hope this makes sense and feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to see this option as well, however, we just wouldn't have the ability to make those changes. 

GranPaSmurf
Brand Visionary

Chris, I understand your answer to @jayw987, HOWEVER, we see many messages in our inboxes with tiny images in the subject line. Perhaps @jayw987 just used the wrong term, therefore making your answer not quite applicable. 

Let me ask, How do I get a tiny image that I create to show in the subject line?

Chris__D
Employee

Hey @GranPaSmurf, the tiny images that are seen in the subject lines are actually emojis. With emojis being a unicode character, we wouldn't have the ability to modify or make additions to their library. I found that they do have a submission process for unicode emojis, however, we wouldn't have any type of connection with this. You can check it out here: http://unicode.org/emoji/proposals.html

TCCGolf
Rookie
Can you please get more emoji's in place? We are a golf club and we would highly benefit from having a golf emoji. Having the availability of all the emoji's that are available on my iphone would be a game changer for our emails. Thank you!
Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @TCCGolf,

Thank you for reaching out with this request! Are you saying that you want more pre-selected emojis to appear when you click the 😃 icon in your header section? 

You do always have the ability to copy an emoji from emojipedia if you don't have the emoji that you need.
CHeck out our article here for more information.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

GabyS30
Campaign Contributor

It would be helpful (and a lot more inclusive!) if we were able to change the skin tone on the available emojis.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @GabyS30 thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We've opened this idea up so other users can weigh in as well.

EAG_Marketing
Rookie
Please add more emojis that we can use in email blasts. There aren't enough compared to other email marketing softwares.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More