Adjust timing before "Are you still working" message pops up when idle

All day long, I'm continually having to log back on as you time out so quickly. I wish this feature would go away. Or at least, not time out so soon.

That said, when the popup comes - see capture below - I can't click anywhere.  Not the button or off the popup.  Please fix!constant-contact.jpg

19 Comments
BradleyM199
Rookie
your working on your campaign and your gone for 7 min because something came up and it logs you out...frustrating!!!
Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @BradleyM199

Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback! Would the ability to adjust the timing before this message appears suit your need?

KimG64
Campaign Expert

I agree the time out feature is annoying.  I might expect it to time out for security purposes if the page sits idle for a length of time, but even when I'm actively working in Constant Contact, updating contacts, etc. It seems to wonder if I'm really still working even when I've just updated and email address or deleted a contact a few seconds prior.  It seems to check in after a time regardless of being left untouched.

YTTPB
Rookie

I don't get this particular message, but I get one just as aggravating: "Sorry your changes could not be saved." And I have to log back in and see how much of my work has been lost. This happens about 4 times within each hour, no matter what my internet connection is. 

Mary_S
Employee

@YTTPB 

I am sorry to hear you are seeing messages like this. We're happy to help. Can you help with some details?

- What browser are you usually working in when this happens?

- Is there any action that causes an error or does it seem random?

- Can you screenshot the error next time you get it and email it to us?

- Are you pasting content into your email from another source?

- Are you copying the same template to use again?

- Are you on a work or home network?

- Where in the world are you located? General area is fine!

GASTOWN
Rookie
Please give us the option to disable this feature. This isn't online banking - I don't need safety around the account thanks. It's ok if I stay logged in all day. This feature is more annoying than helpful.
KimL532
Rookie
I'm referring to Constant Contact all day long, but not constantly. PLEASE give me a way to not have to keep logging in all day due to my session timing out. Also, I get the "are you still working" message even when I am actively using the site. Seems you should know the last time I hit enter.
Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Thanks for reaching out with this feedback. I will be opening up this idea to voting so other users can vote and comment on this idea! 

Is there a specific timeframe that you would prefer to see this message in? 

Candace_M
Employee
Response from: LoriA8666
Thank you! I would like to never be timed out. But anything longer than you have set already – or an opt-in to timing out – would be a big help. Yesterday, I was timed out about four times while trying to work.

Thanks, R

Rachel Hunter
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More