Participating Solution Provider
Ray_Higgins

Join My Mailing List

Accepted Solution

How's the family?

I just read something talking about attention grabbing subject lines.  The author said that if you ask about the family, you'll increase your open rate.  I noticed that there are a lot of discussions here with only one entry.  Ok, it's supposed to be an introductory discussion group anyway. 

So, again the question: How's the family?  Mine is doing ok.  However, whenever anyone asks what I do for a living or what I'm working on, and I tell them a little about broadcast email marketing, they usually just say "Oh" and move on to other things. Ho hum, I guess they aren't as excited about this stuff as I am.  I get a real kick when it works!

Sincerely,
Ray Higgins
Cybermail Marketing
ray@cybermailmarketing.com
Marissa_R
Topics: 436
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 307
Solutions: 85

Re: How's the family?

Hi Ray,

Welcome to the Community!  I'm glad to hear how excited you are about Email Marketing, we're excited about it here too! The Community was just enhanced and I look forward to seeing your contributions as well as the other users.

My family is well and thanks for asking!  It was a good subject line, but I would've opened your post anyway!

Thanks for introducing yourself and I hope to see you around!

Take care,
Marissa

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Ray_Higgins

Join My Mailing List

Re: How's the family? And ...How do you develop an engaged list of subscribers?

Hi Marissa,

Thank you for answering my post.  One of the biggest challenges I face, over and over again, is subscriber list development.  We preach creative, pertinent, timely and entertaining copy, introduced by a gripping subject line.  My open question is how to accomplish that and how to develop an engaged list of subscribers.

I’ve borrowed copy (and given due credit.)

I’ve asked questions.

I’ve made offers.

What else can we do?

Ray

Sincerely,
Ray Higgins
Cybermail Marketing
Marissa_R

Re: How's the family? And ...How do you develop an engaged list of subscribers?

Hi Ray,

I found some resources for you on Subject Lines.

We have a Live Webinar on Thursday at 11am ET and here is the link to register: http://conta.cc/cVSIcg

Also, here is an FAQ on how to optimize your subject line for deliverability: http://conta.cc/eP1taj

For your next question on how to develop an engaged list of subscribers, here is another webinar we are having. This one is on April 26th at 11am ET. It's titled, How to Boost the Response to Your Emails.  http://conta.cc/cD1za

To grow your list, I would recommend always having a Join My Mailing List option in your emails, as well as utlilizing our Join My Mailing List Application on your Facebook page, if you have one.

I hope those help!  You can also post a question in the Managing Contacts board and one of your peers may have some insight to offer on what works for them!

Marissa

Marissa Rogers

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Ray_Higgins

Join My Mailing List

How do you develop an engaged list of subscribers?

Marissa, you are the best!

I'm going to take advantage of each of the references you provided. 

Sincerely,
Ray Higgins
Cybermail Marketing
Marissa_R

Re: How do you develop an engaged list of subscribers?

Thanks Ray!  I post in the Constant Contact News board every Monday, the available Webinars as well as local Seminars! So look out for those!

Marissa

Marissa Rogers