cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 contact two lists

SOLVED
CTCT Employee

Re: Duplicate Emails

Hello @EdwardV20. This is correct. When you are sending a campaign to multiple lists, our system will see that if a contact is on multiple lists, it will only send to them once. 

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Visitor

Re: 1 contact two lists

I have many emails that are in multiple lists. Even though multiple groups are selected for an email campaign, I want each person/ email address to only receive the campaign once. That is NOT happening. For every group, that email address receives the campaign email. So if you were on 3 different groups and I send an email to all groups, you would receive that message 3 times. How do I correct this problem? Recepients are starting to complain.

Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hello @BonnieS76. Even if your contacts are on mulitple lists, our system will only send the email once. We want to look into this further for you. Could you please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the email addresses that are receiving multiple copies, the names of the campaigns that you had sent to them, and a reference to this post?

Caitlin M

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Visitor

This doesn't seem to be the case right now. It used to be, but not lately. We are sending to multiple lists and a customer e-mail is in two or more lists and they are getting two or more e-mails from us currently. Please find a fix or help us stop the multiples from sending when we need to keep multiple e-mails in multiple lists. Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hello @HalsHD,

Thank you for joining in with your question as well.  I took a look at your account, and it appears that some duplicate emails were manually added for a small number of your contacts. Those few contacts would be receiving multiple copies of the emails you're sending. I'll send you an email shortly with those duplicate emails listed.

For the vast majority of your contacts, and for all accounts in general, each unique email address will still only receive each email once, even if they are on multiple lists.

Aaron_H

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!