cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost Ready To Give Up On CC

Almost Ready To Give Up On CC

I have so many complaints from my customers they are not even receiving my emails. This is ridiculous when I spend hours creating a newsletter, email for events, workshops and so forth. I understand that not everyone will open an email and I am lucky and fortunate to get 30-40% open rate but when people are waiting for them and NOTHING...it's getting to make me wonder if I should just plain out switch to another company......I notice in my gmail that all my emails end up in promotions and that is ridiculous too. However, even my customers who do not have gmail are not receiving my emails. Honestly!!!

3 REPLIES

Re: Almost Ready To Give Up On CC

Hello @AngelaD946. Thanks for coming into the Community. I'm sorry that some of your customers are not receiving your emails. I understand how important it is that they are able to receive communications from you. There are a few reasons why a contact would not receive an email from you. We have a specialized team that works with the deliverability of your emails and I would suggest contacting them with your concerns. Here is a link to their phone numbers and hours of operation. 

I also did want to give you some information about the Gmail Promotions folder. Gmail sees email coming from large email marketing providers such as Constant Contact as promotional and because of Gmail's algorithms, it's hard to control where your email lands. Here is more information about this tab and some best practices to keep in mind as you create your emails. 

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

It's strange. I've used almost all the other companies and I've thought of leaving CC for other reasons now and again. But every other place seems to have this issue with various subscribers. While I still have people asking me to subscribe, subscribing, and then constantly harping on me about not receiving it, yes, they've checked junk folders etc, I still have a higher open rate with CC than with others.

In fact, sometimes it will show someone constantly opening the newsletter, but they keep telling me they're not getting it. At least people with AOL can get it, which many places they can't.

Hello @KenyonL4. Thanks for coming into the Community! If you see multiple opens under the engagement reporting for a contact, this is usually caused by a security program reviewing the email when it is received. If a contact whitelists Constant Contact in their security program, this can help with the deliverability of your emails. We also have a specialized team that works with Deliverability and you can call them at the phone numbers and hours listed here

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!