Bullets and Specified Indentation

SOLVED
Go to solution
GarlaJ
Campaign Collaborator

I have a bulleted list, but under some of the bullet points, I want to have indented informaiton that aligns with the text without a bullet. How do I get the wording to align properly? Just last week, I created an email on Constant Contact and with one hit of the delete button only the bullet disappeared leaving the text aligned properly underneath a bulleted point. This week, whenever I click the delete button to remove the bullet, it pulls my text all of the way back to the left margin of the text box ... which is WAY before the bulleted text above. When I hit "tab" it doesn't line up correctly with the text above that is bulleted. What the heck? What happened since last week?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArtC68
Rookie
0 Votes

One way to achive a full paragraph indent in CC editor #3 is to tag the first line as a bullet list. The paragraph is fully indented with a bullet showing at the first line. Quote and italic marks can be added or any other formatting desired. Sure I know, "you can't hide the bullet" but this process sure does draw attention to an inline paragraph in my CC emails.  

1/31/18

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GarlaJ. Thank you for reaching out to us. From what I understand, you wanted to insert a line break under a bullet point and have the text line up. We did release a new back-end to our third generation editor very recently which allows us more flexibility to provide additional features in the editor. There was a lot of testing done before it was introduced but there is always the possibility of something being missed.

At this time, there isn't a workaround to create this line break as you were able to do before. I have tracked this in your account and you will be notified if there is an update. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RonaldS2
Marketing Expert

It would be very helpful if the developers would provide a way to indent.  There is a need for indentions

Nichelle_M
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @RonaldS2,

Thanks for reaching out with your concern about being able to indent text. We do understand how it would be helpful to have this as an option in our newest editor and will submit your feedback to our programmers. Thanks for letting us know!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
ArtC68
Rookie
0 Votes

One way to achive a full paragraph indent in CC editor #3 is to tag the first line as a bullet list. The paragraph is fully indented with a bullet showing at the first line. Quote and italic marks can be added or any other formatting desired. Sure I know, "you can't hide the bullet" but this process sure does draw attention to an inline paragraph in my CC emails.  

1/31/18

Amber_L
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @ArtC68,

I'm glad to hear you found a way to make your emails stand out and a way to make bullets work for you! 

Amber_L

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
SteveS44
Brand Visionary

It is  very frustrating not to be able to indent paragraphs, which is why I still use the legacy template and not third generation. Indenting paragraphs seems like such a basic function. Can you give us a specific date by which this functionality will be added? Thanks.

Aaron_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SteveS44,

We don't currently have a date set for that feature release. However I have gotten you added a list, to have you emailed once we do have that feature available.

Aaron_H

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
csmarketing
Campaign Collaborator

Yes - please create the ability to INDENT without bullets. Thank you!

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @csmarketing

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback on this feature! I definitely understand how having the ability to indent your text will help. I apologize this is not currently available. I have however tracked this request and submitted it to our engineers in the meantime.

Frankie.P

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is 2019, can we please get the indent function? 

MCHT-Collier
Marketing Legend

It is now May of 2020 and this still isn't available in the CC editor — although it is available in this forum toolbar. Come on!

tlendecker
Brand Strategist

so it's been 9 months since someone raised this concern and still you don't even have an eta? That's pretty absurd. either add the features people want way more quickly, turn off the new templates until they work, or give us the html view option so we can fix this busted interface manually. or just make it plain you're abandoning anyone nearing a prolevel user so we can all migrate to . 

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @tlendecker

Thank you for reaching out to our Community. I apologize the features you are looking for have not yet been carried over into our newest Third Generation Editor. While we do not have a time estimate of when they will be available, both the ability to indent text and having access to the HTML code of your emails are feature requests we are actively tracking. Which is why I have submitted your feedback on these features in your account and passed it on to the appropriate teams.

Frankie.P

Sarah2203
Campaign Contributor

Has indentation still not been implemented?

Having this same issue - which was raised three years ago. Any updates on getting this to work?! 

William_A
Administrator

Hello @MelissaW4462 ,

This is still an ongoing issue in regards to mobile compatibility that our engineers are looking into. As soon as there's an update we'll make sure to post here, as well as notify anyone with cases submitted to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A

put your curser in front of the bullet you want to indent. type a - then press spacebar and it will add the bullet point. then press tab and it will indent the bullet. 

LeeZ09
Rookie
0 Votes

Easy solution:

Create/edit in Word and copy/paste into the email campaign.

RonaldS2
Marketing Expert

Not so easy as cut & paste (which I have obviously done).  Sometimes the formatting is a bit different and edits are necessary. You would have to keep going back and forth between Word and Constant Contact to get what you need when a simple indention in Constant Contact would work.

JoanL4
Marketing Expert

Copy paste does not do the trick in 3rd generation. The indentations do not show up in the emails. All is left aligned.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST