cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I download my contact list info to my computer?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

I want to be able to download my contacts and updates from Constant contact into an Excel file on my computer. How do I do that?
Tags (2)
9 REPLIES
Contributing Developer

Have you used the program yet?

Valued Contributor

Yes, it can be done easily. (1). Log into your Constant Contact account. Click on the Contacts tab. (2). Just below the Contacts tab you will see a link to Export, click on it. (3). Select the list you want to put into Excel and select the fields you want - I would suggest just clicking ont Select all to select all the fields. (4). Click on the button Export as CSV. (5). Now click on Activity under the Contacts tab. (6) You will see you job listed as Pending, Running, or Complete. You will have to wait a few minutes until it is complete, refresh the screen to see the updated status. (7). When it is complete click on the link Export Contacts. (8). Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the button Download Export File. You will than be able to save the file to your computer and open it in Excel.

Occasional Visitor

Re: Can I download my contact list info to my computer?

If you have some expertise using Python, you can try this simple Python script to download a Constant Contacts contacts list and output it in CSV format (which Excel understands).

https://github.com/joelpt/constant-contact-contacts-fetcher

As of this writing, this will work even for expired Constant Contacts accounts, which would otherwise prevent you from obtaining the list.

I do not see a link to export under the contacts tab

Hi Jared,

To export a contact list you will want to select the contacts in any list and then the export option will appear in the header. Can you try this?

12-11-2013 9-51-29 AM.jpg

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Visitor

I don't want to select individual contacts. That would mean exporting multiple pages, since I can only display 500 per page. I want to export the entire database, or at least an entire list. Can that be done? 

Thank you for reading my question, 

Lee

Honored Contributor

Hi Lee,

To export a contact list you will want to select the contacts in any list and then the export option will appear in the header. Can you try this?

select list.jpg

Occasional Participant

Lee clearly wants to know how to export a list/ multiple lists, not individual contacts within a list.

Does CC have this useful functionality?

Honored Contributor

Hi @AmericanAcademyofBallet 

You sure can!

In my above example, I showed how you will want to click on the List you want to export all the contacts for. Then you want to "Select All" the contacts by selecting the checkbox on the toolbar. That will select all of the contacts within that list and then you will be given the option to Export.

If you want to export all of your "Active" contacts, you can click on "Active" on the left, then check to select all contacts > choose Export.

If you want to export more than one list, at this time you would have to merge the 2 lists together, into a new list, and then export.

I hope that helps!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!