cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding email

All Star

Forwarding email

I created a lovely email newsletter. I'm not allowed to add employees to a contact list but I am allowed to forward my newsletter. I emailed a test email to myself and it looks great. When I forward it on, the entire body of the newsletter is right-justified to the screen, no longer in the center when I received it. Nothing I do corrects this. Does anyone know why this happens? 

5 REPLIES

Re: Forwarding email

Hello @DorothyW94. I see that you did reach out to our Support team via chat about this issue that you are experiencing. Unfortunately, Constant Contact does not have control over how an email looks when it is forwarded through the email client, which you are doing right now with your newsletter. What I can suggest for you is to use the Short URL to share your email to your employees. You can also download the email as a PDF once it has sent and sent it to your employees this way as well. 

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

If we are paying, shouldn't CC make sure this is not a problem for us?

Hello @KenyonL4,

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. As Caitlin said we ultimately have no control over how an email will be altered when it is forwarded from a 3rd party email client rather than being sent through our service. We cannot control the formatting as we can’t control what the 3rd party client does to the email during the forwarding process.  We are collecting feedback on implementing a built-in forward option to the new editor so I will definitely make sure to track this in your account.

Nick S.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Visitor

Has this been fixed yet? I see in My Profile Email Features but I'll be **bleep** if I know how to activate it. I used CC years ago and the new updates have simplified but have also limited options. Not sure anymore if it's worth the price. This should be an easy thing to do. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @JoanB845,

Thank you for replying to this post!

For this specific situation, there is no fix. The emails that are forwarded using an external program such as Outlook or Gmail will change the forwarded email according to their predetermined standards. This may not match the code used for Constant Contact emails and will cause display issues when sending. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Thank you,

-Curtis P

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!