cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I merge all of my contact lists?

Occasional Contributor

How can I merge all of my contact lists?

and make sure that i don't have any duplicates
3 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: How can I merge all of my contact lists?

Hello @LisaR8202 ,

Great Question! We currently have a built in feature where you can merge multiple contact lists into 1 brand new list, and it will not add duplicates.

Here are the steps to do this:

1. Click Contacts on the top toolbar of your account.

2. On Contacts page, Click "Email Lists" on left side of page..

3. Select any lists you want to merge together by clicking the check box.

4. Click Merge at the top.

5. Type the new list name in the box provided.

6. Click Merge.

Here is our FAQ on Merging Contact Lists, which includes screenshots and the steps above; to help guide you through the process.

Jonathan Rich
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Importing lists

If I import from Excel and the a few names are duplicate names on my gmail contacts, is there a place in constant contact that can detect same email twice and merge lists?

CTCT Employee

Re: Importing lists

Hello @LisaT0823,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

We do not currently have a method of finding what contacts are on multiple lists unless you export your contact list or select individual contacts to see their contact details. We also have a method of merging contact lists within your account. For full instructions check out this help article.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!