cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upload a flyer into the body of my email - the flyer promotion is the email...

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

No Subject

You can only use that as a link from within your email and not the body of it. It would have to be converted to a more appropriate format ( XHTML) if you wanted it to be the body of it. PDF isn't a format that can be read by email clients without the use of a secondary program like Acrobat. Regards, Tony
Occasional Visitor

Re: How do I add pdf to email

Where do you paste the address?

Honored Contributor

Re: How do I add pdf to email

Updated: September 2017

With our new editor you have the option to turn your PDF to an email with just a few steps.

When you create an Email campaign from an imported PDF:

• An image of the PDF is added to the template. The image of your PDF can be treated just like any other image and can be resized or turned into a clickable image.
  •  A button linking to your PDF is included so your contacts can easily download it.
  • The template is automatically branded with the main color used in your PDF.

Once the template is created, you have full control to add more text content and further customize your branding. Keep in mind that sending an image-only email increases the likelihood you'll end up in the spam folder; make sure your Email campaign has a good image-to-text ratio by using headlines and adding text elements from the Build tab.

1.     From the Home or Campaigns tab, click Create.
Create2.    Click Email
Create email3.    In the top right corner Click "Import PDF to email".

Import PDF

1.    Choose a file to import by dragging and dropping the PDF file or browsing your computer

Add a brief description for your PDF. (Optional) Change the name of your PDF.

Click Continue.

1.  Edit the content of your email and click Continue when you're ready to send it to your contacts. (Optional) Edit the text of the Download button. Be sure to preview and test your email before you send it out

Here is a link to the FAQ.

If you do not have our new editor and are still using 2GE we have options for you as well.

While you cannot insert the PDF file directly into your email, the Library allows you to upload PDF documents that you can link to from within your emails.

To link to a PDF while editing an email in 2GE:

1. In your email draft, click the Edit icon for the block where you want to include the link.
  2. Place your cursor where you want the link to appear.
  3. Click the Document button in the Insert section on the left toolbar.
  4. On the Select Document screen that displays, click Upload a new document.
  5. On the Upload, a new document box, click the Browse button to search for your PDF file.
  6. Select your file and click Open.
  7. Click Upload. Your PDF file will appear in the Document Library.
  8. Click the button for the file you wish to add to your email.
  9. In the link text field, enter the text that will appear as the hyperlink for your document.
  10. Click Insert Document Link. The hyperlink appears in your email.

Another option would be to convert the pdf to an image file and insert it as the converted image.  This option is viable with both editors.

When uploading a PDF into the Library you have an option to also create a PNG image of the first page of that PDF. The image can then be inserted into your email campaign.

1.    Click Library.
  2.    Click the Upload To Library button and select My Computer.
  3.  From the Upload To Library overlay, you can either drag and drop your PDF or browse your computer to find the PDF you want to convert.

4.  Once you put the file in place your cursor over the PDF's thumbnail and click Create an Image.
Create a Image
5.  Click Confirm to create the image. The image file is automatically added to the Library and won't be seen on the Upload To Library overlay.

Create an image6.     Click Upload Files to finish uploading your PDF to the Library.
Upload file

1.    Click Done.  Now both the PDF and the PNG image are saved to the Library with the same name, but you can always edit the image information and change the name.

You can now use that PNG as an image in your email campaigns.

FAQ: Create an Image From a PDF While Uploading to the Library

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

i have a pdf that i want to use as the whole email..can i?

?

Contributing Solution Provider

Re: i have a pdf that i want to use as the whole email..can i?

While you cannot insert the PDF file directly into your email, MyLibrary and MyLibrary Plus allow you to upload PDF documents that you can link to from within your emails.

Another option would be to convert the pdf to an image file and insert the image into the email block.

Wishing you awesome and continuing success,

Sumner

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Honored Contributor

Re: i have a pdf that i want to use as the whole email..can i?

Do you intend to use that PDF file layout on a continual basis or as a one time thing?

The usual issue with converting full page PDF files to a graphic is one of scaling.

Most often they end up unreadable at the lower scale.

Visitor

Attached Document not working- Help!

This is the first time that I have attached a document to a message, but it's not working for me.  It's showing up in my documents queue, but when I preview the message- it's not clickable.  I don't know how to (or if I can) share the email before I am done editing it.  Please help, I need to get this out this morning! 

Christina

Honored Contributor

Re: Attached Document not working- Help!

Hi Christina,

I tried calling you but was unable to get through. Are you following these steps to add a document to your email?

To link to a PDF while editing an email:

1. In your email draft, click the Edit icon Edit for the block where you want to include the link.
  5. On the Upload a new document box, click the Browse button to search for your PDF file.
  9. In the link text field, enter the text that will appear as the hyperlink for your document.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Visitor

I've uploaded a PDF file How do i insert to email template? as if the 'insert' button doesn't work

Honored Contributor

Re: I've uploaded a PDF file How do i insert to email template? as if the 'insert' button doesn't

Hi,

To link to a PDF while editing an email:

1. In your email draft, click the Edit icon Edit for the block where you want to include the link.
  5. On the Upload a new document box, click the Browse button to search for your PDF file.
  9. In the link text field, enter the text that will appear as the hyperlink for your document.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!