cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upload a flyer into the body of my email - the flyer promotion is the email...

SOLVED

Does CC track click throughs for links embedded in an uploaded pdf?

I am creating a newsletter in Pages, will export it to a pdf file and upload into CC for distribution.   If I include web links within the pdf, will CC still track click-throughs?

Thanks!

Heather

Honored Contributor

Re: Does CC track click throughs for links embedded in an uploaded pdf?

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Adding a PDF to your email can only be done through linking to the document. Because of this, links within the document will not track.

If you were to convert the PDF to HTML  and use a custom template as your email, links would track but this would require a PDF to HTML converter. You can find a converter by using PDF to HTML converter as a search query on Google. 

If you had to convert the PDF to XHTML, you would need to add a tracking code to your links in order for them to be tracked in your email. To add tracking to your links in an XHTML email, follow these steps.

You can find a PDF to XHTML converter by using PDF to XHTML as a search query on Google.

Any further questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Participant

Re: "Converting" a PDF into XHTML

Jarrad thanks for that pointer... I was able to convert the document and insert it but the result was so small it wasn't worth it. I am guessing the template I used was not the best for what I wanted to do. I'll try your suggestion.

Jeanne

Honored Contributor

Hi Jeanne,

Happy to help! Let us know how that goes.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Participant

And that worked great! The Business Basic template was such a better fit than the other template I tried (can't even remember it). I am so glad this works... it gives us an opportunity to have that specialized look to our messages without the hefty programming skills necessary for the html solution.

I see some posters ask for us to mark their messages as an 'accepted solution' but cannot see where that option is. I'd gladly mark yours that way, and in the meantime I'll give you kudos.

Jeanne

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the kudos! I'm happy that worked!

To mark an answer as a Accepted Solution, you would need to be the author of the post.

I'm happy I could help!

Jarrad

Participant

Ok thanks Jarrad!

Honored Contributor

Anytime!

Jarrad

Re: I've uploaded a PDF file How do i insert to email template? as if the 'insert' button doesn't

I've done this (followed your instructions to the letter) over and over again and it won't work. Any idea why?

--Christine

Advisor

Re: I've uploaded a PDF file How do i insert to email template? as if the 'insert' button doesn't

I am also having a problem with this. I save my document as a PDF and follow the steps that you have outlined. However, after it's been inserted to my email and I try to test it, the document will not open; all I get is a grey screen as if there is nothing there. I go back to the original PDF, saved on my computer, and it's there and looks just fine. I am sure that there must be something that I am doing wrong or missing, but can't figure out what.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!