cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change all "no permissions set" contacts to "implied permission"

All Star

How to change all "no permissions set" contacts to "implied permission"

Hello,

I've looked at multiple boards and tried the solution offered but they don't work.  One of the solutions offered was exporting all the "no permissions set" list and then importing them.  When importing you're supposed to change the email address type (e.g change work to home), but I don't have different email types to choose from.  I also tried added the solution of adding a "test" column to the excel file before importing them, but that didn't work either.  I don't want to go through each contact individually and change the permission.  Please help me! 

7 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: How to change all "no permissions set" contacts to "implied permission"

Hi @EllenS49416

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry for the problem you are encountering when trying to update the Permission Status in bulk. I know it would be terribly inconvenient to have to do this manually. I also tried some of the workarounds we have for this particular problem and was unable to get the permissions to update either. I'm submitting this up to our advanced technical support team so they may take a look at getting this resolved for you without having to do the change manually. They will reach out to you when they get back into office Monday. In  the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us here should you need anything. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great weekend. 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Has there been a fix for this that could be shared?  I am having the same issue.  Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hi @DCDCFAR12,

It looks like the only option currently is to manually update those contacts, but the Advanced Support team may still be able to assist further. I would be happy to submit a ticket to the Advanced Support team on your behalf since you're having the same difficulties.

Aaron_H

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Any updates on this - changing a bulk of emails from "implied" to "express" is extremely important in not having those emails bounce! With implied, they bounce after just a couple of times not opening an email. If it's express permission, they don't automatically go to bounce. It's the most important aspect of using an email service. Doesn't help if we can't keep emails active!

CTCT Employee

Hello @JillR935,

Thank you for your response! I will be happy to submit this feedback to the appropriate teams for consideration. Fortunately, when sending emails to Implied or Express permission contacts the email communications are sent the exact same way. This will not have any impact on your bounces. Bounces are a signal sent from the receiving server telling us that an email could not be delivered. Here is an article that explains this in more detail.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Hi,

Have been having this problem for a while and have been adding most of the ones that don't update with "implied permission" on import, manually. What is the solution for this problem? It is EXTREMELY time consuming to do this. I feel like this switch happened with the implementation of the new email platform. I see that if I want to send them to an old format email, it will show and send to those that are marked as "no permissions set" but if i go to send to a newly created email in the new platform they do not show up at all in the final screen where you select you send lists.

Help. I do not want to continue to do this.

Thanks,

Jasmine Home

CTCT Employee

Hello @JasmineR1,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

I apologize for any inconvenience here, if these contacts are in your account as "No Permission Set," they will need to be manually updated. As we have done for others, we can submit a case for our advanced teams to take a look to see what they can do for you in this case. You can also call our support department directly for immediate assistance here.

We appreciate your patience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!