cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate Send of Welcome Email

Solution Provider

Immediate Send of Welcome Email

An immediate response for an autoresponder is now an option, but is not functioning correctly.  After testing with 6 different email accounts, only 1 account received the apprporiate email and that was 4 days later.  

A Welcome Email goes to anyone who signs up, regardless of where/how the signed up, so this isn't an appropriate solution.

Has anyone had any luck getting ths to work correctly?

10 REPLIES

Autoresponder

One of my autoresponder series is not sending the emails in the list. Any advise?
Honored Contributor

Re: Autoresponder

You'll get a quicker response by calling the hotline on this one.

Tony Schaefer
Let me consult on your project
Accredited CTCT Solution Provider
Constant Contact All Star 2009-2010-2011-2012
www.cliquemarketing.biz

Re: Autoresponder

Thanks for jumping in, Tony!

PenniR5, If you weren't abel to call into support to get this figured out we are happy to help. Can you let me know what the name of the Autorepsonder is that you are working on and how you know the contacts aren't getting the emails?

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Visitor

email scheduled to go out immediately after signup isn't happening now but was working earlier

The last 3 or 4 new contacts I've added to autoresponder have not been sent the email that I've scheduled to go out immediately upon registering for a mailing lost. Has something been changed?
Tags (2)

Re: email scheduled to go out immediately after signup isn't happening now but was working earlier

Hi @SueS294 

Thanks for posting. Can you help clarify a couple of things?

-Were you working on an Autoresponder email or your account Welcome email?

-Are you adding new contacts or existing contacts to the account?

The Welcome Email (one per account) sends immediately after a contact adds themselves to your account. This will not send if you upload a list of contacts to the account. Autoresponder emails can be set up to send starting 24hours after a contact is added to the list. You can't set these up to send immediately. Here is a link to an article written by @Samantha_O on the difference between Welcome Email and Autoresponders

If you would like us to take a closer look please let me know the name of the email and I'll try to find it in your account.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Visitor

Re: email scheduled to go out immediately after signup isn't happening now but was working earlier

I deleted other reply because my partner spoke with one of your techs on the matter. Interestingly enough, we found that you can NEVER re-subscribe with the same email if you signed up once before. So even if we deleted our test email from the "unsubscribe list" and then tried to re-subscribe on our website, it wouldn't work. No welcome email and Constant Contact would not update with that email.

That's unfortunate, really. Any way to fix that? We don't see why unsubscribing should be a permanent issue like that. It shouldn't even need us to delete the email from the unsubscribe list let alone having that not even work.

A customer should be able to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe seamlessly, right? Is there a reason that's simply not working at all even if their info is deleted directly off of constant contact? It's like that info is still there somewhere blocking them from re-subscribing.

Thanks for your help.  

CTCT Employee

Hello @RomieS 

A contact who has unsubscribed can re-subscribe with the same email address. However, they will not receive another Welcome Email when they choose to re-subscribe as they are just updating their profile to receive mailings from you again and are not considered a brand new contact. Here is one of our FAQs that goes over this information. 

I hope this clears things up for you!

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Honored Contributor

Re: Immediate Send of Welcome Email

Hello @JacquelineD35

We would like to investigate this issue within your account further.  I have submitted a case to our second level of support to do some research.  They will be working on your case within 4 business days in the hopes of getting some more information from you.  Can you please send an email to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the name of the Active Series that you have within your account (to make sure we are looking at the right place), and the email addresses that you have tested with.  Within your email, please include a reference to this post so that we can attach that information back to your case.  For your records, your case number is 14631621.  You can check the status of the case or update the case directly from within your Case Portal.  To access your portal you can go here, then click "Review your support history," then sort your view to "View All Open Cases." 

Occasional Visitor

Re: Immediate Send of Welcome Email

Im having the same issue with Auto Responder not sending emails immeditely when an email is added to the contact list. 

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!