cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Placing two pictures side - by - side in a template

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

Placing two pictures side - by - side in a template

Help!  How do I place two separate photos, with text under each one, into one of constant contacts templates?  Note: I do not want to use a newsletter template. 

Thanks for any help,

Bra Genie

39 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Placing two pictures side - by - side in a template

Updated: August 2017

Hi Jeannie,

When creating an email in our 2GE, you can add a customizable table into a block to put images and even text side by side.  Tables also help space your content evenly for a clean look.  You can also check out this FAQ on setting up your images for success.  

Click the Edit this block icon to open the block editor.

Image side by side

1.  Place your cursor where you would like to add the table and click Insert a new table.
  2.  Place your cursor over the grid to highlight the number of columns and rows for your table and then click the grid to insert the table. Don't forget to include a row for the table's header!
    Image table

Place your cursor in each cell and add text, images, or links.

1. (Optional) Place your cursor over the table and click the gear icon to make additional changes to the table formatting or colors.

Note: If you need to delete rows or columns, click the gear and place your cursor over the rows section.

Click Save to continue editing the rest of your email.

You can place a caption under those images by:

1. Click the Edit icon Imagefor the block where the image appears.
  2. Right-click (Mac users Ctrl-click) on the image and select Add Caption.
  3. Below the image, the words "Type caption text here." will display.
  4. Put your cursor in that text area. Delete the existing text and type your caption.
    • You can format the text using the text formatting options that appear in the block.
    • There is no character limit for the caption. The text will extend as wide as the image and will wrap to the next line if necessary.
  5. When you have finished creating your caption, click Save.

For 3GE users:

It's easy to work with images in your Email campaign or Coupon landing page using the drag-and-drop feature in our third-generation editor.

After you've uploaded images to your Library, you can insert them into your Email campaign or Coupon.

Note: If you're already working in your Email or Coupon landing page and haven't added images to your Library yet, follow the steps to change an image and you'll be able to upload without leaving the editor.

1. Click on the Build tab and find the image layout you want to use.  Drag a build layout into the template. Use the guidelines to help you find the right placement then release your mouse button to drop the content block or layout into place.
      3GE images

Tip: All of the build elements (images, buttons, spacers, etc...) can be added into a dual-column layout or used to create a dual-column layout by dropping them next to an existing build element.

I hope this helps, 

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Tags (2)
Visitor

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, no matter how small I make my pictures, the larger dotted box around the picture and caption will not shrink as well.  Because of this, my pictures are still remaining one on top of the other.  I appreciate your help, but I still have an issue. 

Sincerely,

Bra Genie

Honored Contributor

Hi Jeannie,

If you would like, we could take a look at the email and see what else we can do. If we have your permission to access your account, please let us know what the name of the email is and we may be able to create a table in the  block which should help.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

I too have noted that placing images side-by-side in a block is sometimes an issue, as well as adding a second image elsewhere in the block and having text wrap around it. What is the trick?

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Have you tried following the steps I posted above? Adding your first image and then immediately afterward adding your second? Another tip is to take your images to www.picnik.com and use their editor to create a collage. This will allow you to take both images and combine them into one.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

All Star

My issue is related to this.  I want to add 2 images to 1 image block, side by side, and have each linked to a different URL.  No matter what I try, the images end up one on top of the other instead of next to each other.  Help?

Honored Contributor

Hi CaseyW6,

It's very possible that the 2 images you're trying to add side by side are too wide for the block.  To find out the width of your block, you would want to click on Advanced Features > Edit Style Sheet on the left.

Then scroll down to the bottom and you should see something like this:

.LEFTCOL{
width:205px;
}

.RIGHTCOL{
width:350px;
}

.TEMPLATEWIDTH{
width:600px;
}

If you're trying to add an image on say the left, in this instance, your two images should be no wider than 205px and if on the right, no wider than 350.

If your 2 images are wider than the px width listed under StyleSheet, it will stretch out the block or it will make the image go to the next line down.

I hope that helps!

Regular Visitor

Trying to put 3 images side by side by side at the top bar

I'm trying to put 3 clickable icons next to each other on the top bar.. my top bar is actually on the bottom. Im using the music newsletter with the guitar on it...

anyone know how to do it? when I add the one it works, but when I add the second it puts it under the other one and not next to it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Trying to put 3 images side by side by side at the top bar

Hello,

I would use tables.  This way you can insert 3 tables side by side and insert your images in each one.

Here is a video I made to show you how you can insert tables into your email.  Let me know if that doesn't work for you!

Tags (3)
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!
Loading script asynchronously