Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Social Media Links in emails

SOLVED
Highlighted
Participating Solution Provider

Setting up Social Media Links in emails

I would like to have a permanent place to set the social media buttons that appear at the bottom of my emails. When I try to edit the links to the images I get text links and there just has to be a better way. I've just returned to Constant Contact and probably haven't found this useful setting yet.

5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Setting up Social Media Links in emails

UPDATED: June 2018

Hello!  Here is a video on how to insert social media icons into your emailI apologize having permanent social media icons in an email template is not yet an automatic feature available. However some templates do come with them already inserted. We also offer a professional service where you can get the footer of your email customized to include your social media icons. Take a look at the video and let me know if you have any questions!

When I enter the URL for facebook for example, is it going to be saved in there for the next time or do I have to enter every time I add a social media button?

CTCT Employee

Hello @JackP654,

I am happy to help you with your question today. Our system will remember the URL that placed in your social media insert options. This way you do not have to remember and re-enter every time.

If you have any other questions do not hesitate to reach out via community or our support team anytime.

Ali W
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

I actually found that it remembers the wrong link, not the one I most recently used on my latest email draft.  It remembers a link to our website which is inaccurate. Double check your links, this is not accurate information.  You will need to fill it in manually.

CTCT Employee

@NinoD

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm sorry to hear your social media links are not saving. Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, name of an email campaign that has an example of this, and a reference to this post and we will investigate further!

Taryn L.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!