cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Message not working on my Form

Occasional Participant

Success Message not working on my Form

Hi people!
I'm having issues with one of my forms, nothing happens after users click on SIGN UP button, the lead is being captured but there is no success message after the action. I read this http://techblog.constantcontact.com/api/how-to/how-to-modify-embed-code/ but is not an option for us to redirect people to a thank you page after the submission, is there a way to use Ajax submission to show success message inside the form without redirecting people out of the page they are browsing? 

Thank in advance for your help
9 REPLIES

Re: Success Message not working on my Form

Hi @NinaP496,

I'm sorry you're having some troubles with your sign-up form. I went to your site and submitted a test sign-up. I did get a "registration was successful" message within the same area that I signed up in. So either I'm not able to replicate what you're describing or I might be on the wrong site. However, I could not find another sign-up form on the page to test with. Could you link me to the appropriate page so I can troubleshoot further? 

As for Ajax, if you're using a third party form to capture contacts and redirect to Constant Contact we would not be able to troubleshoot here, I'm afraid. I would reach out to the developers of the form you're using to see if something can be done. 

Nick S.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply, you can check the form I'm talking about here https://ninacucina.com/healthyeating/

CTCT Employee

Hi @NinaP496. I just tested your sign-up form and I was directed to a thank you page on your website, but not a thank you message within the pop-up. If you are using a third-party plugin to collect email addresses from your website, you will want to reach out to the developer of the plugin as they will be able to assist you further in this. We cannot provide support for plugins not created by Constant Contact.

Caitlin M

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
CTCT Employee

Hi @NinaP496. I just investigated your account a little more and also spoke with an upper level of support. It looks like you are using code provided by Constant Contact however, this code was modified to create a pop-up. Unfortunately with using our code, there is not a way to get a thank you message to show up in the pop-up itself. You may want to consider using a third-party plugin to create a more customized sign-up form or pop-up. We have many integrations with sign-up forms in our Marketplace that you can find here

Caitlin M

Occasional Participant

Hi @Caitlin_M thanks for your reply.

I'm not using a third party plugin to collect email addresses, that's 100% Constant Contact embedded code pasted in a popup. As you can see, the success message is showing up within the form "Thanks for signing up!" despite there is a code to hide it: 

<span id="success_message" style="display:none;">
<div style="text-align:center;">Thanks for signing up!</div>
</span>

Occasional Participant

We didn't modified the code, it's 100% Constant Contact original code pasted in a popup, that's all!

CTCT Employee

Hi @NinaP496. May we ask how you found the code for your pop-up? In your account, I only see the embeddable code available for you to use on your website. If you wanted to continue this conversation privately, you can also email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this post, your username and any additional information that may be useful.

Caitlin M

Occasional Participant

form.jpg

CTCT Employee

Hi @NinaP496. Thanks for the screenshot. The embed code that we provide to you in your account is for the sign-up form to be embedded on your website. This code was not created to be used as a pop-up. We do have integrations with companies that create pop-up sign up forms and I encourage you to view them on our Marketplace.

Caitlin M

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!