cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Targeted emails by location

Visitor

Targeted emails by location

We have been using Constant Contact for several years but have recently added new business locations to our mailings. I want to be able to send an email to my "Nonprofit" email list to only those contacts who are interested when the event is in the "Richmond" area and not "Newport News" or "Virginia Beach". I thought I could have use three email lists - one for each location and then tag each contact with the area of interest - Education, Engineering, General Interest, NonProfit, Professional Development, Project Management. But I want people to be able to use our sign up form to choose what they want. I just realized that Tags can only be applied by me. I would hate for my sign up form to have 18 options! i.e. Richmond Education, Newport News Education, Virginia Beach Education, Richmond Engineering, Newport News Engineering....etc. Am I missing something? Please help!

1 REPLY
CTCT Employee

Re: Targeted emails by location

Hello @VTRVA,

That is a great question!

One way to do this is to display all available lists on your sign-up form and allow your contacts to choose the correct location for them.

As an alternative your sign-up form will give the option to accept an address from your contacts. This field can be searched for by using the advanced search function on your contacts page. Once you do a search by location you will be able to add these contacts to the correct tag as needed. This would need to be done before sending any communication to be sure that the newest contacts are added to the correct tag.

Here are a couple links to help if you would like more information.

Advanced Search

Tagging contacts

I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out again if you have more questions!

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!
Loading script asynchronously