cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure How to Direct to Full Articles in Monthly Newsletter

Occasional Contributor

Unsure How to Direct to Full Articles in Monthly Newsletter

I work for a small city government. We'll be using Constant Contact to send a monthly newsletter to our citizens. I attended a training webinar and was advised to keep the newsletter emails to no more than a few images and 20 lines of text. I was told that this could be done by only including short excerpts of each article, then adding a link that would direct readers to the full article. 

How should I handle creating each "full article"? Where do people typically put the full content? I'm limited as to what I can publish on our City website, and my graphic design skills are limited. Some "best practice" advice would be appreciated - thank you!

1 REPLY
CTCT Employee

Re: Unsure How to Direct to Full Articles in Monthly Newsletter

Hello @FirstNameL935497,

That's a great question! Most people will create a PDF with their full article content in it, and then upload it to Constant Contact. This way, it will open that document in a new tab, and they can easily return to the newsletter to continue reading if they'd like. It doesn't have to be fancy, so don't worry about not being a designer. Just get your information in there and focus on making your newsletter engaging! 

Please let us know if you have any additional question.

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!