Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Purchased Opt-In Mailing List

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Using a Purchased Opt-In Mailing List

One of my competitors uses a purchased, opt-in mailing list for mailings to 40,000+ individuals.  I have been in contact with the provider of one of these lists, and they told me I can use this list for an "eblast."  Here are my questions:

Can I use this mailing list of OPTED-IN people with Constant Contact?

Thanks,

Bob

5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Using a Purchased Opt-In Mailing List

Hi Bob,

You cannot use a purchased list with Constant Contact. Any contact that you send emails to had to of specifically requested to receive emails from your company. If you were to use a purchased list your account would generate high spam. It is also a violation of our terms and conditions and may cause your account to be subject of termination.

If you are looking to grow your list, I suggest adding a sign up form to your website. You can also set up the text-to-join feature in your account so contacts can sign up through a text message. We have also seen customers have a sign up sheet in their business.

Remember, it's the quality of your list, not the quantity.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Hello Jarrad.

This is very interesting.  I just got off the phone with the list provider, and he told me that he sells lists to users of constant contact all the time, because his is an opt-in list.

Jarrad, have you ever heard of "Global Senseware?"  This is the seller of the list.

Bob

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Anyone that you send emails to must have given your organization direct permission to mail to them. When a company sells a list of opt in contacts, that does not constitute direct permission.

If you were to purchase a list of contacts, it would be a violation of our terms and conditions. Any Constant Contact customer that uses a purchased list would be notified to contact us. We would then work with them to remove all contacts from that purchased list.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to post here in the Community or give our support team a call at 1-866-289-2101.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

Hi Jarrad,

I understand and will certainly abide by your terms.  I was actully aghast at what the list company was offering.

Please tell me if you have ever heard of Global Senseware.

Thank you for your help.

Bob 

Honored Contributor

Hi Bob,

I was not aware of this specific company, but did check out their website.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!