cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to embed video in an email?

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

I use a program called ScreenHunter for my basic tasks. It's free and can be DL'd at http://wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter_free.htm You queue up the video but don't start it. You can use the first frame of the video or something more compelling. Then use SH to square off the video screen, select capture and it will save a GIF file of the screen. Then use that graphic (GIF) in your newsletter and make a hot link to your actual video. Another message board that we use that gives us more flexibility than this one does in posting. (http://forum.eblastforum.com/viewforum.php?f=2) For an example of a newsletter I did for a client follow that link and look for my post on "Example of inserting a video reference". Hope that helps. If not shoot me an email and I'll get you going in a hurry. Regards, Tony

Solution Provider

Actually, you can embed video in another email program called getresponse.com. I am an affiliate of both getresponse.com and Constant Contact. I like getresponse.com because not only can you embed video, it allows a higher number of autoresponders, CC only allows 5. It cost more to be able to embed video, for a list up to 500, it is $18 mo. plus an additional $10 mo. to be able to embed video. As an SEO/SEM professional, I believe it is worth the extra investment, video is the future, people are reading less and less and thinking of the element of entertainment in marketing brings better results.

Is it possible to embed videos in emails thru constant contact?

I want to embed images in addition to emails does anyboday know how to do this using constant contact.
Honored Contributor

At the current time virtually no email clients support embedded video. Its more of an issue with the mail clients than it is CTCT. A common practice is to provide a screen grab and then link that to the source of the video, i.e. YouTube, landing page, etc. Tony Clique Marketing & Consulting 2009 Constant Contact All Star

Thanks

Honored Contributor

p.s. A cute, although limited trick is to use an animated GIF (no sound though)

Occasional Visitor

Tony and stainless1: CC provides HTML code editing capabilities for certain "blocks", if activated. Couldn't we copy the YouTube embedding code they provide and past it into the CC HTML code editor? I'm going to experiment with that. carebbean

Occasional Visitor

Embedded youtube videos

I embedded a youtube video in an email and it showed up and played fine when previewed in CC. However, when test mailed to Outlook, AOL, Yahoo and MSN accounts, the email appeared without the embedded video. Is this an issue with email providers or CC?
Honored Contributor

Embedded youtube videos

Embedding Video in an email isn't available in most if not all email clients. I'm kind of surprised it worked in CC actually, but that's more of a web page at the time of review than it is an email. Standard practice is to include a snapshot of a frame (including the standard click here arrow) and create a link to the hosted video.

Occasional Advisor

Embedded youtube videos

I just inserted a YouTube icon and created a link. I wish it was possible to embed video though

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!