cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to embed video in an email?

SOLVED
Valued Contributor

You Tube and other videos

No. Embedding sound or video is not supported by most email clients. This is not a limitation of Constant Contact, but rather of email itself.

You Tube and other videos

Hi there, How about you embed a picture that looks like a video (with the little "play arrow" in the middle and when people click on the image, it directs them to your video. That way, they don't necessarily click on the video but you can lead them to a page with the video and more information on it. IOW, make the image look like a video.

Video Clips

Are there plans to add short video clips to our Constant Contact customers? This would be extremely valuable without having to go through another service or system.

Tags (2)
Solution Provider

Video Clips

It would be a time-saving addition, but I see a few problems, most of them revolving around bandwidth issues.

Honored Contributor

Video Clips

Glenn, Video per say can't be included in an email. It would eventually have to be directed to a site storing it, just as VIMEO, YOUTUBE or somewhere else. Standard practice is to include a screen grab and create a link to the video which is stored at one of those sites. Bandwidth is usually not an issue as those sites are run on state of the arr hardware, tuned for high bandwidth applications. Regards, Tony

Participating Solution Provider

Video Clips

My understanding is that Constant Contact is actually looking at the possibility of adding this as a feature sometime in 2011. I believe you would be able to store your videos through Constant Contact much as you store your pdf documents currently.

Maureen Dudley
Dudley & Nunez Communications
Master Certified Solution Provider
Occasional Participant

Video Clips

I'm totally ok with storing and running the video somewhere else. But I need to embed the HTML code to display the video's image and the "go" button in an email. Joe Taylor Seattle

Occasional Participant

How to embed the HTML code to launch a video

A video that is stored elsewhere - e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, ScreenCast, etc.
Valued Contributor

Just add a link to it. Or you can add an image and make the image clickable with a link to it.

Occasional Participant

That won't launch the video - it will only take the viewer to another place where the video can be launched. I want to actually launch it from the Constant Contact email.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!