cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to embed video in an email?

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

How to embed the HTML code to launch a video

Joe, Embedded video isn't supporting in any email clients that I know of currently. This isn't a limitation of CTCT. Regards, Tony

How to embed the HTML code to launch a video

A multimillion dollar email marketing service can't add the code for video in their client emails? This is by far the simplest and most effective way to get someone to actually click and stay. Very disappointing. Are there plans to upgrade asap? This is the age of social media and video as most of my customers only watch videos due to their hectic lifestyles.

Uploading Video to email

May I please get direction on how to insert a video into an email campaign?
Solution Provider

Uploading Video to email

I tried many times to embed a video into our email newsletters to no avail. I found that the best solution was to simply put in an image of the video (play button and all) and link it to our YouTube page (or where ever your video is hosted online). I think that it looks nicer than just putting in a text link, and increases your chances of someone viewing the video. It also gets them to our YouTube page, where they are able to view other digital ads/videos we have made!

Honored Contributor

Uploading Video to email

That's because embedded video isn't supported in any current email clients. The current best practice method is the one that Don has described. My clients have realized a >50% increase in open rates by using video. Have a fall back message / call to action in text though if possible. Regards, Tony

Honored Contributor

Uploading Video to email

re:>50% increase in open rates That would of course be click through rates not open rates.

CTCT Employee

Support Blog: Facebook + Exclusive Video = Fans

You've been asking for it! Now it's even easier to use videos with your social campaigns. Read all the details on how you can embed a video into your campaigns here: Facebook + Exclusive Video = Fans

Jaime McCall
Knowledge Base Writer
Constant Contact
Occasional Visitor

Re: Embedded youtube videos

I took a video thumbnail and inserted a link  to a copy of the email where i had attempted to embed, but had to click for a link to "having trouble viewing email? Click here".

This works on Outlook, but not AOL.  Not sure about other mail providers yet...

Re: how to embed video in an email?

Hello,

Videos are a great way to add interactive content to your email and Constant Contact has quick and easy way to share your videos. 

Embedding a video directly into your Email campaign can increase the chances that your email becomes undeliverable because some email client's can't play videos and some Internet Service Providers (ISP's) block video attachments because they are commonly used to spread viruses but don't worry we have a solution!

You can make a YouTube or Vimeo video appear embedded in an email using the third-generation editor. With our 2GE users you have the option to use only YouTube videos in an email.  

For out 3GE users use these steps:

1. From the Build tab, Place your cursor over the Video block and click to drag into your layout. Release your mouse to drop it into place.

Have you copied your video URL yet? If not, open a new window and navigate to your YouTube or Vimeo page. Copy the URL.

2. Paste the video's URL into the field. Use the Test Link button to make sure you've got it right. Click Insert.

A thumbnail of the video will be added to your email.

When your contacts click on the video thumbnail, a new browser will open to play the video. If you want to add a caption below your video, drag in a Text block and add one.

For 2GE users:

When you insert a link for a video to your campaign email, you have the option of also adding a thumbnail image of the video that includes a video player icon.

1. Copy the URL for the video you want to add to your email.
  2. Place your cursor over the block where you want to add the video and click Edit this block.
  3. Place your cursor where you want to insert the video image.
  4. Click the Insert button. Place your cursor over the Video Link icon and click the Plus button.
  5. Paste your URL into the Video URL field and click Create Image.

Note: The video image is automatically generated from the link and does not count as an image within your Image Library.

6. Adjust the size of the thumbnail by dragging the slider.(Optional) Edit the the title that displays beneath the video's thumbnail.

7. Click Insert.  Make additional edits to your text as necessary and click Save to continue editing the rest of your campaign email.

I hope that helps!

Thank you,
Jena Squires
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Frequent Visitor

Re: how to embed video in an email?

can you add the video link and have it play within the email, without having it open another window when clicked?

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!