cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5MB Maximum for Attachment File Size is extremely low

5MB Maximum for Attachment File Size is extremely low

Please up your maximum file size for attachments (documents & photos). Currently you cannot upload a file larger than 5MB to attach to an email which is extremely inconvenient when you have well-designed trainings with multiple screenshots. Even after compressing my 13 page training it was 5.7MB, still too large. A simple Gmail account allows you to upload attachments that are up to 25MB, so only allowing for 5MB is very low. It's even more frustrating because our company is only using 9% of it's total available space, so there's plenty of room available for a couple larger attachments.

84 Comments
Occasional Visitor

We have been using Constant Contact to send out our newsletters that are always around 6 MB. We need to have a bigger size limit.

All Star
I use to be able to upload a file of 8mb and now I can't it will only allow 5mb! Now what?
Occasional Visitor
I´ve already work with a PDF that it´s size is 9.9Mb. Why is now telling me my file has to be just 5Mb? I sell art, I need images for my brochure... Tks
Occasional Visitor
I attempted to upload 5.5 mb of a PDF file to insert on my constant contact email and was rejected because the new revisions to the software only allows up to 5.0 MB. It took me literally 2 hours to manipulate my document so that it would be smaller than 5.0 MB. 2 months ago, I uploaded a pdf file of 8.5 mb and had no issues. I request that you increase the upload file size, otherwise, I have absolutely no use for Constant Contact anymore. PLEASE RESPOND so that I can determine whether or not to continue using this software, otherwise, it's a total waste of my time.
Frequent Visitor

We have previously been able to easily upload all of the documents that we need to send out from our constant contact... But now that the file size limit has changed I am not able to send out the communication that I need. VERY frustrating. I use constant contact as communication for customers and employees of mine, and when I can't get the same information to all my staff all at the same time via constant contact - it detriments how well I can run my business!

Visitor
I used to be able to upload up to 10M, why did it change to 5MB limit? Is this a setting I can easily change anywhere? I need to upload a presentation that needs to go out in the next hour and I have no way to reduce the size of the PDF file.... Please HELP!!!!!
Occasional Visitor
I found out that Constant Contact reduced the file size on documents we could down load. I am very disappointed. This is one of the mail reasons why I use constant contact so If it does not change back I may no long need constant contact.
The file size needs to increase as it was before! It is now inconvenient to separate a file into two files now to add as document attachments.
This is very inconvenient not to able to upload anything larger then 5MB. Generally, I liked the old Library version better. It was more user-friendly.
All Star
Newsletters with photos - files are usually over 5 MB

If you don't increase the file size back up to 10mb I will have to look elsewhere to send out my newsletter.  That's really too bad because, generally speaking, I like Constant Contact.  I think it was a "cheap shot" to cut us in half like that with no warning.  Terriby inconvenient and takes a great deal more of my time now to prepare my newsletter.

I think you folks have made an awful lot of people unhappy and you need to change it back.  hd

I also want to ask that the file size limit be raised. Today's modern PDF newsletters are simply not this small, particularly if you are designing it to be read on a tablet.

Occasional Visitor
This new look of constant contact is awful. It is not letting me upload any of my files. It keeps saying that my 8MB file is too big, even though I have used larger files in past. I am very disappointed because I am out of the country right now (away from my office) and trying to send an email out to my customers.... but cannot because of this. I am a very unhappy customer now.
Occasional Contributor
The very same Excel file I have been uploading for years is now suddenly Too Large -- I had to call tech support, save to new CSV and go through multiple steps. I don't see this as an improvement at all. Also, the help hints when the file was rejected -- to delete empty columns -- makes no sense in an Excel file using only one column listing emails. No way to remove extra fields. Uploading a column of 10,000ish addresses should be an accepted file size. Tech said this is "improvement" is to facilitate customers who need to find non-exact matches and pull up similar emails -- if we don't need this service we should be able to opt out.
Status changed to: New
I am sorry to hear of this frustration. I saw in your account that support was able to help you import with the CSV file you mentioned. Thanks for your feedback on the updates!

We used to be able to upload one file for our newsletter that was just under 10MB. Now we have to split it up into smaller size documents which is not only inconvenient but looks unprofessional coming from an organization such as a Chamber of Commerce. We would all greatly like to see the 10MB file size restored!

Regular Visitor

I check my file size before uploading. I just tried to upload a 2.9mb file. Then an error will appear saying the file is over 5mb. How can we fix this?

Occasional Visitor
Files error size received and it's tough to have to divide lists into subsets so that all contacts can be uploaded.
Visitor
Limiting Excel files to 1 MB and text to 1.4 is silly, and new with this current redesign. It's 2013 for pity's sake and the best you can handle is a 1 MB EXCEL FILE?? Why the step BACKWARD?
Trying to download a holiday flyer from my computer and it is discouraging that it wants me to re-size it! other programs are much more acceptable!
I am wasting major time since your new list management system will not upload a file I downloaded from your system. I pared back the list size but still had major difficulties. I have had to call your CustServ reps multiple times and was told the new system can only upload a single sheet XLS file which creates BIG issues for me as I sort by client type and state and cannot upload with mini-files. It should be like before and your system reads first tab only!!!! Please fix these bugs ASAP...call if need further explaination...R.Schoper 770-740-9979
Visitor
Previous version was much more user-friendly, easier, faster, etc. I'd prefer you allow me to upload a file larger than 1 MG - like we used to be able to do. Forcing your customers to segment their lists isn't always a good option for every organization. Our database has about 16,000+ people with emails. forcing me to separate our Excel file into tiny parts is time-consuming and not helpful, since they will all go into one Contact List. In addition the uploading of the new emails is super slow - - about 10 times slower than the previous way we uploaded from a fie. BRING BACK THE OLD WAY FOR FILE UPLOADS!!!!!!!!
I have to take my contact list file, create duplicates so that I can delete 1/2 of each file so that I can upload my list. new, inconvenient, troublesome.

Visitor
This is impossible to navigate and I cannot add a file to my contact list - if it isn't broke, why rethink it I am going to evite for my communication with my vendors and customers - you guys have really sZXZXZd up.
Frequent Visitor
Please help me. I need to upload a contacts file that is larger than 1 MB.
When you changed your contact management format, a simple spreadsheet that I use to upload has had to be broken into 5 separate spreadsheets in order to get the contacts uploaded. This not only an inconvenience, but it is a terrible time waster! Not at all satisfied with the new format!
Regular Visitor
I never had any problems with the number of records I would from our member list. Today I have had to split the member list into member levels in order to upload these lists. What has changed? There is a possibility that I will miss a member category doing the list like this. Thank you . .

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

I upload our member bulletin each week. Suddenly it will not take files over 5 meg - I tried a 5.3 meg file and it would give a non-discript "try again later" error message when I tried to overwrite the existing file. I tried a direct upload (no replacement) and got a mouse-over error message saying that you can't upload images over 5 meg - its not an image its a pdf. Is it broken or is this something new?
Occasional Visitor
I have uploaded a 8, 9, and 10 MB pdf to CC in the past to send to customers. Now CC is calling my pdf an image and will not allow me to upload it saying it must be no more than 5mb....really? It's only 7 megs and I need to get it out ASAP!!!

I am sorry to hear this is happening. There is a max file size of 20k lines in your upload currently. Are you importing over 20k lines or could the error be caused by something else?

Honored Contributor
Hello, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Could you please provide me with some more information? Thank you!
All Star
If the storage capacity is large enough to tolerate files exceeding 5M, then why is there a cap?
My contact file is 1.322Mb. So now I have to go in and split the file and upload twice in order to make this work? Back in the early days of ConstantContact this was true too but that problem was overcome a few years ago and I used to be able to upload our entire db all at once. Sad the technology is going backwards. Please fix. Thanks. Darius.
Occasional Contributor
as the admin of this account i now have to make 3 spreadsheets to upload my contacts when i only had to make one. take 3 times as long now to upload. ennifer
CTCT Employee

Thank you for providing your feedback!

What kind of issues are you experiencing?  Did you receive an error message when uploading your contacts?

With the new contact system you can still upload a single spreadsheet of contacts as long as you want them to go in the same list/lists.  Please feel free to reach back out to us and we would be happy to walk you through this process.

Click here to view a video on uploading contacts in to your account.

You can also reach our support team directly at 800-240-2302.

Thank you for being a part of Constant Contact!

CTCT Employee

Established Member
Paring back Excel uploads to 1MB is not an upgrade, Constant Contact. Not impressed.
CTCT Employee

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry to hear this. Unfortunately. our filed upload limits have not changed. They remain at 1 mb or 20,000 contacts. I took a look at your account, it looks like you uploaded 2 files yesterday totalling roughly 11,000 contacts. This is an unsually low number for it to reject, if this is the file you are referring to. You can try re-saving the file as a .csv. If there is any formatting causing a large file size, this should clear it out and allow you to upload as one.

I sent an email to your inbox to the address that we have on file. I would be more than happy to take a look at the file if you could reply back with the information from that email.

Contact management process is more difficult and lengthy with the recent upgrade. Limit of 1 MB in uploads is too low and causes us to do much more work.
CTCT Employee
I am sorry you've been bumping against that upload limit! What you may find helpful is to save your spreadsheet as a .csv file type and try uploading that way instead of splitting what you have. Changing to this file type might make for a smaller file and allow for fewer steps in the long run. If you continue to see issues with it, I'd recommend you contact the support team here for further assistance. We can be reached at 855-229-5506 when you have a moment!
All Star
The new 1 MB excel file size limit is not user friendly and should be removed. Previously we could export a fresh list of members from our member database and easily upload. Now there is a multistep process to split the lists. _Please fix the file upload page.
Visitor
when i signed up for constant contact the file size limit for pdf uploads was 10mb. it was downgraded to 5mb without any price adjustments. my primary use of constant contact is to email electronic publications to customers and the 5mb limit is below my needs. it's unfortunate since I really liked constant contacts other services.
All Star
The limit of 1 Mb data when importing contact information is too small even for our small business. With the overhead of Excel one make of data is less than 1000 names. We have over 65,000 customers many of whom want to sign up when we talk to them on the phone or received written correspondence. Many of our customers are old and don't want to bother of signing up themselves they simply want to tell us and have it done.
Occasional Visitor
It is very frustrating trying to make files small enough to fit this size requirement, especially when the file can't be reduced any further.
CTCT Employee

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for providing us with this feedback.

If you save your file as a .csv you will be able to upload it. You can also segment the file in to multiple files and upload it that way. I hope these suggestions will help with some of the frustration.

If you have additional feedback or any questions please feel free to reach out to us. You can also reach us by phone at 800-240-2302.

Have a great day!

CTCT Employee