Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Importing files larger then 5mb

Please up your maximum file size for attachments (documents & photos). Currently you cannot upload a file larger than 5MB to attach to an email which is extremely inconvenient when you have well-designed trainings with multiple screenshots. Even after compressing my 13 page training it was 5.7MB, still too large. A simple Gmail account allows you to upload attachments that are up to 25MB, so only allowing for 5MB is very low. It's even more frustrating because our company is only using 9% of it's total available space, so there's plenty of room available for a couple larger attachments.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

*Updated July 2023*

We acknowledge that this particular feedback has been requested for quite a while. The current file size requirements can be quite limiting for some. We currently have some tickets open within our product and engineering teams to look at increasing file upload sizes. With further research, in our current state, if there was an allowance for a larger file size for any type of file in the library (documents and images), the images would resize to 1200px width and suppress image quality.

At this time, there are no further updates in terms of expected timelines. We'll keep you posted.

104 Comments
HoustonWestCOC
Constant Contact Partner

I used to be able to upload PDF files larger than 5MB and they were shrunk into ipegs before automatically.

Now that doesn't happen. This change took place 2 days ago. What's going on with that? 

SDAD2018
Rookie
I feel that 5 MB limit of upload file is pretty low. I am trying to send a compressed PDF file newsletter and unable to get it upload at below 5 MB limit otherwise the images would look terrible with blurry images if I had it compressed to below 5MB . I would suggest that we can increase to 10 or 15. The gmail allow us to send max of 20 MB, so why not Constant Contact?
JacobN9
Campaign Contributor

We have been a long time Constant Contact customer and would like to see the document library max size limit increased past 5MB.  Most Email programs that are free allow 10, 20 or even 25MB of attachments.  Increasing the total size of the library does nothing as most of our newsletters start to creep into the 6, 7, 8MB range once pictures are added.  Reducing quality of the pictures, reduces the look and feel which is something we cannot compromise. 

CynthiaP367
Rookie
Its ridiculous that pdf file size is limited to 5mb and should be larger(even 9-10mb would be reasonable).
Wheelmen
Rookie

Man! Here we are in 2020 and we are still struggling with CC file size. We need help with this, please! The 5 mb limitation is ancient. Please work on this! We enjoy all that CC has to offer, but you must develop something more user friendly. As we send out monthly newsletters, CC is our only mass media distributor who has this limitation. Thank you for listening, but keep us posted on your developments in this area.

BonnieP145
Rookie

CC Please increase attachment size. 5mb is extremely limiting!!!

FrJosephP
Rookie

It is time to raise the old 5 meg limit for uploads of documents.  Some of us need to share high resolution documents that can be printed in high resolution at the receiving end of our clients.  5 megs for a rich graphic filled bulletin/publication of many pages is too low.

MarkF8126
Rookie

Your 5MB max for upload to library is absurdly low.  It is 2020 with 5G connections, not 1996 with America Online and a modem.  I just started paying monthly with you to promote my ebook and I can’t even upload it. 

Sure, I can find a workaround to host it and I will.  But why am I paying you?

TomG8543
Rookie

As a Realtor and real estate photographer, the fact that in order to upload images I have to resize every single one is very annoying.  I already shrink them way down for the MLS, to get them to 5mb they basically have to be thumb nails. The frustrations of this has lead me to the decision to switch.  Its taking me forever to get my photos in and its not worth it. 

JaneR819
Rookie

I don't think my organization can continue using CC when 5MB is the max file size attachment. Considering now, you guys need to be more competitive .

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More