Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Importing files larger then 5mb

Please up your maximum file size for attachments (documents & photos). Currently you cannot upload a file larger than 5MB to attach to an email which is extremely inconvenient when you have well-designed trainings with multiple screenshots. Even after compressing my 13 page training it was 5.7MB, still too large. A simple Gmail account allows you to upload attachments that are up to 25MB, so only allowing for 5MB is very low. It's even more frustrating because our company is only using 9% of it's total available space, so there's plenty of room available for a couple larger attachments.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

*Updated July 2023*

We acknowledge that this particular feedback has been requested for quite a while. The current file size requirements can be quite limiting for some. We currently have some tickets open within our product and engineering teams to look at increasing file upload sizes. With further research, in our current state, if there was an allowance for a larger file size for any type of file in the library (documents and images), the images would resize to 1200px width and suppress image quality.

At this time, there are no further updates in terms of expected timelines. We'll keep you posted.

104 Comments
Hannah_M

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

DavidC738
Rookie
It is a tedious process to segment our list into separate files for the purpose of uploading. A max import size of 5mb would be extremely helpful!
WinkW
Rookie
We use Constant Contact to email catalog links to our customer base. It is extremely disappointing to see that you have reduced the document file size limit to 5 mb. This change makes it impossible for us to do business as we are accustomed, and may result in our finding another email service.
genejuarez
Campaign Contributor

I have a very large list (175K+) and uploading it by having to break it into pieces takes FOREVER. Would like to be able to upload the entire list at once. 

JimT29
Rookie
A 3mb file is reduced to 50k when uploaded making un-usable as a promotional image.
Hannah_M
Status changed to: New

TimF8851
Rookie
It is frustrating because my guide I want to upload is 8MB and I can't create a Facebook tab with my guide because of this.
LyndaS69
Rookie
My photo is over 5mb. This is so frustrating! how do i reduce the size of the file from my macbook pro?
Hannah_M
Status changed to: New

Hannah_M

Hi LyndaS69

Thanks for posting. Can you open the file on your computer to chnage the size? What type of file are you working with?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More