Importing files larger then 5mb

Please up your maximum file size for attachments (documents & photos). Currently you cannot upload a file larger than 5MB to attach to an email which is extremely inconvenient when you have well-designed trainings with multiple screenshots. Even after compressing my 13 page training it was 5.7MB, still too large. A simple Gmail account allows you to upload attachments that are up to 25MB, so only allowing for 5MB is very low. It's even more frustrating because our company is only using 9% of it's total available space, so there's plenty of room available for a couple larger attachments.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

*Updated July 2023*

We acknowledge that this particular feedback has been requested for quite a while. The current file size requirements can be quite limiting for some. We currently have some tickets open within our product and engineering teams to look at increasing file upload sizes. With further research, in our current state, if there was an allowance for a larger file size for any type of file in the library (documents and images), the images would resize to 1200px width and suppress image quality.

At this time, there are no further updates in terms of expected timelines. We'll keep you posted.

104 Comments
SteveM110
Campaign Contributor

We have been using Constant Contact to send out our newsletters that are always around 6 MB. We need to have a bigger size limit.

LoriB70
Campaign Contributor
I use to be able to upload a file of 8mb and now I can't it will only allow 5mb! Now what?
JeanettS4
Rookie
I´ve already work with a PDF that it´s size is 9.9Mb. Why is now telling me my file has to be just 5Mb? I sell art, I need images for my brochure... Tks
CaseyR6
Rookie
I attempted to upload 5.5 mb of a PDF file to insert on my constant contact email and was rejected because the new revisions to the software only allows up to 5.0 MB. It took me literally 2 hours to manipulate my document so that it would be smaller than 5.0 MB. 2 months ago, I uploaded a pdf file of 8.5 mb and had no issues. I request that you increase the upload file size, otherwise, I have absolutely no use for Constant Contact anymore. PLEASE RESPOND so that I can determine whether or not to continue using this software, otherwise, it's a total waste of my time.
PamelaO66430
Rookie

We have previously been able to easily upload all of the documents that we need to send out from our constant contact... But now that the file size limit has changed I am not able to send out the communication that I need. VERY frustrating. I use constant contact as communication for customers and employees of mine, and when I can't get the same information to all my staff all at the same time via constant contact - it detriments how well I can run my business!

EmeraldL
Rookie
I used to be able to upload up to 10M, why did it change to 5MB limit? Is this a setting I can easily change anywhere? I need to upload a presentation that needs to go out in the next hour and I have no way to reduce the size of the PDF file.... Please HELP!!!!!
MarkD612
Rookie
I found out that Constant Contact reduced the file size on documents we could down load. I am very disappointed. This is one of the mail reasons why I use constant contact so If it does not change back I may no long need constant contact.
LauraR1
Constant Contact Partner
The file size needs to increase as it was before! It is now inconvenient to separate a file into two files now to add as document attachments.
JuliaB42
Rookie
This is very inconvenient not to able to upload anything larger then 5MB. Generally, I liked the old Library version better. It was more user-friendly.
LakewayChurch
Campaign Contributor
Newsletters with photos - files are usually over 5 MB
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More